Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be taking 5 3.5-4.5" Red's to their new home it's only a 20-25 min drive, my Q is would putting them all in a 5 gallon bucket w/ 2 battery powered air pumps be good enough? I'm pretty sure it is but just want other peoples opinion's.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
piranha 13 said:
...I would take one air pump anyway incase theres a traffic jam or some sort of delay.
Agree...just in case!

Your Reds will be fine...!

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
you can put an air pump in there but you don't need one just make sure there is airholes in the lid if you are using a lid unless you want the water all over your vehicle

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes very good advice.I also would not use the air pump,but do bring it again just in case.I would however also bring a one gallon milk jug with some tank water in it,again just in case.You never know what might happen even though it's only just a short drive.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
PIRANHNUT said:
I would however also bring a one gallon milk jug with some tank water in it,again just in case.You never know what might happen even though it's only just a short drive.
Good idea, I once took a spilo for a 20 minute ride with no water after the container dumped over on the seat.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
20-25 min ride = piece of cake...i had to bring 11 P's home from college on a 4 hrs drive and all went smoothly

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I brought home all my Red's from a 4hour drive. I was just wondering about this short trip I've never done this short of a trip before.
Thanks for all the suggestions I'm going to use one battery powered pump and put the bucket on the floor on the passesnger side. I'm only going to fill the bucket about 6 inches full, so I don't have to worry about it spilling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.