Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 75 gallon tank and specifically to run RHOM's and I was needing to know what type of filter would be the best. Also, Rock vs. Sand, and vegitation, do they need it. I was thinking of running 10, just for fun, I'm tired of the oscar that I have and I want something a hell of a lot more aggressive. Help would be appreciated. Cole

·
Registered
175 Posts
jscott said:
I'm building a 75 gallon tank and specifically to run RHOM's and I was needing to know what type of filter would be the best. Also, Rock vs. Sand, and vegitation, do they need it. I was thinking of running 10, just for fun, I'm tired of the oscar that I have and I want something a hell of a lot more aggressive. Help would be appreciated. Cole
10 What? Rhoms?
For filtration you have a lot of choices. Look at the Aquaclear 300 and 500 also the Marineland Emperor 400. You can also use a canister filter. I like sand better and run it in all my tanks (P's, community, and marine). Plants are not required but you need to provide hiding places like driftwood, rocks, plastic plants, or real plants like anubias, crypts, swords, and Java fern.

FYI on my 75G I'm running 2-Aquaclear 300's

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
You will be able to get one rhom for that tank. Anymore equals a waste of money as they will almost certainly kill each other.

~Dj

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
jscott said:
10 of any piranha for life is too many for a 75gallon tank. you can try putting rhoms together, maybe it would work for a while, but I wouldn't do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.