Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i heard a bang last night and i'm assuming he tried to jump out of the tank hit the lid and tore the skin on the top of his head.....it doesnt seem to be to deep doesn't look raw or anything but the skin is just hanging there should i leave it there or what also.......i didnt raise my tank temp because i usually keep it about 80-81 but i did add some salt in with a water change.....any other suggestions or should i just let it ride with the piranhas wonderful healing power.......thanks guys

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do a larger than normal water change if possible, and then watch him very closely, the first sign of infection should be cause for medication

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
it should heal up fine and u can leave the skin flap there one of my rbp's had a lip wound from a feeding frenzy and it got a flap and i actually watched one of my other ones eat it off
im sure he will be fine
good luck
later

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do not freak out. It's just a cut. Unless half his head is missing it is business as usual. No salt and raising temp. Piranha's bump, bruise, cut, themselves regurlarly. No big deal.

Joey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts