Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
35,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm going to save that last one for bed time man.

Holy sh*t I never knew dean potter dreamt he fell to his death. Dream came true last year. Rip potter.

Also I know what you mean. Man I don't know. Even if I COULD do this stuff my brain isn't wired that way. You stick me next to a mountain and I revel in its beauty. I don't climb it. I like my feet on the ground.

How the f*ck do these guys not get burnt out climbing?? Wouldn't your chest and arms be on fire??? And no where to rest if you're free soloing

·
7,344 Posts
In the last vid, 2 of them drink a bottle of amphetamines

I dont know man, not what gets me off... I like summits and hiking but, not risking my life for 4 or 5 days to make a line

·
Banned
35,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How do you sh*t and piss? I mean piss I get. You just take it out and go. But do you just sh*t off the face of a mountain while clinging or tied off?
It's amazing the logistics of all this stuff.
That tony kurts (sp?) story in that documentary is sad as f*ck. Bout half done with that movie. Really good stuff man

·
7,344 Posts
You dont poop... because you are so malnourished / dehydrated and depend on every bit. They piss in a water bottle and pack it out or dispose of it.

I have noticed when backpacking I take a dump maybe once or twice a week, which sucks because its one of my favorite parts of being in the woods. Finding a nice log or stump, and spending 30 min in silence waiting for a bear to sneak up while enjoying all the views.

·
Banned
35,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No way. If you're malnourished to the point where your digestive system isn't processing how in the hell do you have the reserves and energy to be gripping and scaling vertical rock faces in the elements??
I'm talking about the Yosemite climbs that run 3, 4, sometimes 5 days to scale. Not the 3 hour shot to the top

·
Banned
19,543 Posts
That dean potter doc was one of the best Ive ever seen in my life. Shame he lost a load of deals for the delicate arch fiasco.

Real talk, after watching all these mountain and climbing docs sh*t makes me feel so small. There are people out there pushing their mind body and souls to the limit while Im just parked at a gas station drinking coffee, eating poptarts, waiting for the next dumb heater to not work. ughhh.

·
Banned
35,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
eh....i dont think like that man. you're making money and are still aiming for something in your future. you might be a little directionless but its simply because you might not have had that spark yet.
you just have to save for it. in dean potters world those guys were cool with being literally homeless for years at a time climbing that entire time. theres something about that to me thats kind of pathetic to be honest. although theres nothing wrong with it if thats your passion.
that being said...thats prob why you arent scaling half dome right now. because for you it would cost money

21 - 27 of 27 Posts