Piranhas Forum banner

You bought 6 fishes which you were convinced by the shopkeeper that they're real piranhas. They

• Report the store to Better Business Beureau for false ad, even if it's illegal to own the fishes in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clip the storekeeper on a drive-by

• Put 6 of 'em on microwave. serve.

• Keep the ugly duckling and raise them as your own

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
It depends.... If they were silver dollars keep them if you want. But if they were pacus, you should get rid of them asap. They grow VERY large.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that...i would never buy a thing at that LFS again!

You should tell another clients to be aware!

As been said, you can keep silver dollars but if they are Tambaquis (Pacus) don´t even think about it, you may regret!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Well, if it were me, the shop owner would have no choice but to take them back. I bought the fish, but he sold them....who will get in more trouble should this be made public? He would take them back.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I say do a petition or have a protest in front of their store by blocking the way in. And/or threaten them not to buy from the store or else they'll have to put up a fight

What kind do you think these guys are, besides RBs? Even if the advertisment say "all sales final", its still considered false advertisment, especially if they were trying to sell it as something else.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i say bite the bullet and learn from it .also check into it a lot more carefully next time and never trust a lfs fully sounds like you are not getting anything back for them find out what they are even post a pic on here everybody will be glad to help .
when i was looking for some reds to add i went back to the store i bought my others from and they had red pacus as red piranha i told him and he was not bothered .i will never go back again and now buy all my fish from ron who is a few thousand miles away over the pond the things we do for p's
dixon

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
If they are silver dollar...keep them...and if they are pacus...keep them untill they 6-7in...then deep fry them...and invite whoever sold you those fish for a "fish fest"...don't forget other recipes

·
Registered
74 Posts
i can kind of relate to this becuz my LFS has red bellied p's for sale. one of the employees told me that they would never sell p's there, but the own himself told me they were p's. Im not saying they arent but this guy is kinda shady.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Take them back...as a salesperson they have an obligation to give you exactly what you paid for and if you're not satisfied with having anything but piranha that you were told they were they should take them back. If they don't then they have very poor business ethics and people will begin to see how they are and no longer purchase there. In the long run this type of practice will hurt them and eventually cause their business to fail.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys...guys I just told a hypothetical situation
. I still don't know if my baby P's are real. But thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah definately clip the s/keeper.
I suggest an uzi, its abit messy and noisey.
But what the hell!! it'll get the job done.

Take no prisoners!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts