Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing this because too many of us buy "Rhoms" from our local LFS and are told we have rhoms. We come out here and our expert members tell us that they could be something else other than rhoms. This sh*t f*cking sucks and I believe the lfs' should straighten their sh*t out or something. We pay good money and get excited thinking we have rhoms to find out it could be something else. Something should be done or just stop buying from them all together. I bought another "Rhom" today and I asked the manager which kind was it and his reply was, " It's a Rhombeus". No sh*t Scooby, but what kind of rhom is it? He said a black one. f*cking dummy... this guy was killing me. Maybe I should've killed him. I asked what kind as far as what river was it collected from? He did not know. This is the sh*t I'm talking about fellas, maybe we should just order from Pedro & George. The hell with our local lfs. What do ya' think?

·
Registered
330 Posts
i agree most lfs don't have a clue what they are selling...but sometimes when someone of the site gets a "rhom" and it turns out to be somehting else, it ends up being a more expencive somethign else and teh end up getting one hell fo a deal on a rare fish

the problem is that serras are too hard to tell apart as juvis, and a good way to fix this woudl be to make teh cheap ass stores invest in some dna testing on their fish or something *yeah ight*

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
L10452 said:
I bought another "Rhom" today and I asked the manager which kind was it and his reply was, " It's a Rhombeus". No sh*t Scooby, but what kind of rhom is it? He said a black one. f*cking dummy... this guy was killing me. Maybe I should've killed him. I asked what kind as far as what river was it collected from? He did not know. This is the sh*t I'm talking about fellas, maybe we should just order from Pedro & George. The hell with our local lfs. What do ya' think?

[snapback]850004[/snapback]​
What makes you think Pedro and George have the exact specific name and aren't just tacking on "black diamond xingu" rhom on a fish they think meets the description? Pedro is selling a "Gold Diamond Piranha" from columbia, what the f*ck is a gold diamond piranha exactly? You're deluded if you think of a rhom as anything other than a rhom, Pedro didn't catch the fish with his own fishing pole so he doesn't even know for sure where it came from beyond the word of his source in the country.

Maybe if the lfs guy just made something up and told you it was a "yellow araguia high back diamond spot rhombeus" you'd be happy, no? If he's such a f*cking dummy for not knowing the collection point you're twice the f*cking dummy for expecting that from an lfs and believing anyone who tells you were it comes from just because they said so.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
im in canada and it would cost me an arm and a leg to buy from george and pedro so im pretty much FUCKED and stuck with my brandti i thought and was TOLD was a rhom

·
Registered
110 Posts
piranha_guy_dan said:
im in canada and it would cost me an arm and a leg to buy from george and pedro so im pretty much FUCKED and stuck with my brandti i thought and was TOLD was a rhom

[snapback]850126[/snapback]​
Yea that sucks man.. I live out in California and it cost me an arm and leg to get my "P" ($50). Ive ordered from both aquascape and Riverwonder and ive only had success with one "Aquascape" when i ordered my black diamond Rhom my only complaint was that his fins were a lil tore up but nothing serious other than that i got what i payed for. Now with Riverwonder me and some friends ordered some Black P's together baby ones about an inch 1/2 to 2 inch too young to tell what we got few months later turns out they had shipped us some baby"red bellies" instead of the "black rhoms" we thought we had ordered.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
piranha_guy_dan said:

[snapback]850126[/snapback]​
Several of the big als locations in Toronto have rhoms in stock dude

·
Registered
589 Posts
Piranha Fan said:
Yea that sucks man.. I live out in California and it cost me an arm and leg to get my "P" ($50). Ive ordered from both aquascape and Riverwonder and ive only had success with one "Aquascape" when i ordered my black diamond Rhom my only complaint was that his fins were a lil tore up but nothing serious other than that i got what i payed for. Now with Riverwonder me and some friends ordered some Black P's together baby ones about an inch 1/2 to 2 inch too young to tell what we got few months later turns out they had shipped us some baby"red bellies" instead of the "black rhoms" we thought we had ordered.

[snapback]850153[/snapback]​
I ordered from Riverwonders once. I got red bellies too, but thats what I ordered

Still, they were smaller than advertised and not very high quality. I would definitely avoid this supplier!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Several of the big als locations in Toronto have rhoms in stock dude
[snapback]850166[/snapback]​
ill have to check them out if im in the area.......... im just affraid of what i might get or have to pay again for a real "rhom" because now i have a brandti taking up the space of what i wanted for a rhom any idea on prices eltwitcho?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
L10452 said:
I asked the manager which kind was it and his reply was, " It's a Rhombeus". No sh*t Scooby, but what kind of rhom is it? He said a black one. f*cking dummy... this guy was killing me. Maybe I should've killed him.
[snapback]850004[/snapback]​
HAHAHA :laugh: That was a classic...

But dont feel bad, your not the first and wont be the last. Alot of folks always get disappointed when they trust their instincts with what the LFS employee tells them about their product, only to be mistakenwith what they've purchased after showing the PFury community with pics. I dont care to diss all LFS considering that the 2 best known distributors on the site for P's are also LFS which know their Ps well. So before buying, we always encourage for members to do their homework so they dont go by the same mistaken paths that others have walked thru.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
but its not like you can id a small serra really so all u can do is trust they know what they are talking about

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
after all it is their job........... they should know what fish are which ......... its like a doctor not knowing which organ is which when thats what his job is to know...... if you are in the business of selling fish/pets you should know what it is you are selling

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
True mis Ids suck, but sometimes it can work out for the better. Last week i was in a lfs and they had a manuelli marked as a "black piranha". Only $40. I would have bought if i had the money for another tank.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
waspride said:
True mis Ids suck, but sometimes it can work out for the better. Last week i was in a lfs and they had a manuelli marked as a "black piranha". Only $40. I would have bought if i had the money for another tank.
[snapback]850883[/snapback]​
Rhode Island

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
piranha_guy_dan said:
after all it is their job........... they should know what fish are which ......... its like a doctor not knowing which organ is which when thats what his job is to know...... if you are in the business of selling fish/pets you should know what it is you are selling
[snapback]850424[/snapback]​
If even scientists have the hardest time ID-ing piranha's in many cases, do you really think sellers know at all times what they have?
I agree, it's their job to give it a thorough try, and the least they can do is getting to know the collection point of wild-caught fish they sell, but you have to stay realistic here.

Besides that, and this is what people tend to overlook while ranting and raving about how dumb LFS employees are, it's also partly the customer's responsibility - there are plenty of methods to let others have a look at the fish before actually buying it.
If people are active on-line, and visit fish forums from time to time, they probably know more about piranha's than the LFS employee in the first place...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I only buy from Big Al's. right now the one in scarborough has a couple
6" Black Piranha's (all separate tanks) for $300 each
I always see P's in there around 6" for under $75 somtimes waay under 75
the long haired guy is the best person to talk to about any issues your havin, never failed me yet (geesh he must be sick of me!)

btw newbie question "what is LFS?" local fish store?

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
Michaeljames said:
I only buy from Big Al's. right now the one in scarborough has a couple
6" Black Piranha's (all separate tanks) for $300 each
I always see P's in there around 6" for under $75 somtimes waay under 75
the long haired guy is the best person to talk to about any issues your havin, never failed me yet (geesh he must be sick of me!)

btw newbie question "what is LFS?" local fish store?
[snapback]851179[/snapback]​
yeah lfs is local fish store......... also $300 for a 6 inch rhom is insanely over priced..........

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
elTwitcho said:
What makes you think Pedro and George have the exact specific name and aren't just tacking on "black diamond xingu" rhom on a fish they think meets the description? Pedro is selling a "Gold Diamond Piranha" from columbia, what the f*ck is a gold diamond piranha exactly? You're deluded if you think of a rhom as anything other than a rhom, Pedro didn't catch the fish with his own fishing pole so he doesn't even know for sure where it came from beyond the word of his source in the country.

Maybe if the lfs guy just made something up and told you it was a "yellow araguia high back diamond spot rhombeus" you'd be happy, no? If he's such a f*cking dummy for not knowing the collection point you're twice the f*cking dummy for expecting that from an lfs and believing anyone who tells you were it comes from just because they said so.
[snapback]850039[/snapback]​
the f*ck is wrong with u man? I'm complaining becasue lfs should have better ways to find out what their products are. You're the dummy for bringing up this stupid ass sh*t about Pedro and a pole. We can complain and talk about anything pertaining to Ps here so talk your sh*t with someone else.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.