Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is soooooooooo affraid that our computers are gonna blow up when there is a thunderstorm outside. I personally think this is a bogus theory.

Do you guys leave your pc's on during thunderstorms? any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Drew said:
smack him and tell him to stop being a sally.

[snapback]915770[/snapback]​
Thats a good idea.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
plonker.

he has some concern, weve had a few fragile routers blow up, and the od pc power supply but nothing that costs more than a UPS!

if hes sh*t scared, ask him what exactly could go wrong and how much he thinks it would cost, if its expensive and you dont have data backup get him to go and buy a UPS. it will keep things on if you have a powercut and removes spikes etc.

its most likely you'd have a powercut, but other than that throw a tub of fish food at him

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Back in 2001 we had a thunderstorm and it actually hit our roof! lost a 2grand computer, 4 tv's totalling 4grand , and a couple phones. We bought a surge protector now and we still unplug everything. Man we took a big hit from that thunderstorm. Never thought it would happen, but it did.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
ChosenOne22 said:
Back in 2001 we had a thunderstorm and it actually hit our roof! lost a 2grand computer, 4 tv's totalling 4grand , and a couple phones. We bought a surge protector now and we still unplug everything. Man we took a big hit from that thunderstorm. Never thought it would happen, but it did.
[snapback]916276[/snapback]​
And thats what house insurance is for! bet you've not been hit since

i say lockk the door when he acts like a girl... better still tell him to stop being a big girl, and does he want to build a bombshelter int he garden

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
corbypete said:
ChosenOne22 said:
[snapback]916276[/snapback]​
And thats what house insurance is for! bet you've not been hit since

i say lockk the door when he acts like a girl... better still tell him to stop being a big girl, and does he want to build a bombshelter int he garden

[snapback]916322[/snapback]​
I never thought this would happen in a millions years. hahaha
But hey, never say never.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts