Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been feeding my piranhas whole shrimp, its raw, peeled, and deveined. I was told this was ok to feed them, but the other morning I woke up and one of them had thrown it back up. They seem to inhale it more than chew it or tear it up, especially the little ones. anyone know why they're doing this?

·
Registered
545 Posts
they may have been over fed.

If i over feed, then do a large water change it seems to trigger them to vomit.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine did that. I feed them beef heart and fillet. i drop to much in but it was to late they had already eaten it. people say let fish eat for 2-3 minutes then take out the rest. This does not work for p's . They can eat 10-15 goldfish in 2-3 seconds. you really have to portion it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine did that. I feed them beef heart and fillet. i drop to much in but it was to late they had already eaten it. people say let fish eat for 2-3 minutes then take out the rest. This does not work for p's . They can eat 10-15 goldfish in 2-3 seconds. you really have to portion it.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i know when mine are full...i toss in a large feeder they maul it...i toss another one in, and they pick at it for a couple mins, and leave the head...then i take the rest of the feeder out and give him the royal flush

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so probably just over feeding them then. Raw shrimp is good to feed them right? I used to feed them alot of beefheart and then found out it should only be fed occasionaly. I am trying to mix it up some. Where would I go to get smelt?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes raw shrimp is really good for them i feed mine that alot.I get smelt at the grocery store here they have bags of whole frozen smelt for $2.50 i just thaw them out and cut the heads off them because my p,s won,t eat that part.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
most people I ask if they have smelt just look at me like I am crazy and have no clue what it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts