Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got in from work yesterday and checked out my tank as usual .first check always the temp which showed 107.4 f and i nearly died so i stuck my hand in the water and it felt warm .i turned of the heater by the mains thinking it had failed to do so by stat and checked out the p's which seemed ok .so i added a little cold water after removing some to check if the temp went down which it did not so added a little more then picked up the stat which is a digital one and not cheap and the temp went all over the place .so after about 10 mins of nearly having a heart attack turned the heater back on and watched it for a while and it came on and off like it should .the temp after adding cold will only have went down a degree or so as i did not panic so fish will be ok.
the moral to this story is always have a back up temp guage in your tank which i did not have but will be buying 2 new guages tommorow
the p's are ok which is more than i can say for myself
dixon

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
moved to equipment

107 is really fricking hot dude, I can guarantee you would have known if it was 107 degrees. Most hot tubs are kept at 104-106 and that takes a little while to get into. Glad it was a falty guage, I think 107 and your dudes would have been floating.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Glad your Ps made it man!! It would've been devestating to see boiled Ps comming home.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Glad your Ps made it man!! It would've been devestating to see boiled Ps comming home.
glad you got home in a nic of time.woulkd have sucked big time

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the p's are ok it wasnt that hot the water was normal it was a faulty temp guage ,bought 2 new guages today and the water was 82 degrees as usual
dixon

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
overbite said:
the p's are ok it wasnt that hot the water was normal it was a faulty temp guage ,bought 2 new guages today and the water was 82 degrees as usual
dixon
That is what I got from your post, like I said, you would have known if it was 107.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts