Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
120 gallon 2 ac 500's 2 ac 200's,a 20gallon homemade sump/overflow, 2 power heads reverse flow for 2 outta 4 tubes of the undergravel kit (in the middle) and 2 powersweep powerheads with prefilter on the outside tubes for waves/current. 9 baby rbp will be housed there! (3 inch) personally I think with this setup I will never have to do water changes!! SIKE lol I will still do it weekly. Although I am working on a constant drip system, since the tank is close enough to water lines and close enough to outside to allow the old water to exit. That would rock with the drip system huh! Damn now I feel insufficient, what u think?

· Registered
5,089 Posts
get rid of the undergravel system. 1. you wont need it, and 2. it isnt good to use with piranhas because they are messy eaters. The other filters and sump you have will do a more than adequate job as-is.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Damn.. talk about overturn with GPH and excessive filteration.

Honestly, you'll do more damage to your babies than help it with good quality water. You have too much waterflow being filtered out causing whirlpool effects, too much filteration which can cause supersaturation and posye, and not to mention the stress your putting them up against with no dead spots to chill on.

T ake out your UGF (undergravel filter).. its really more of a problem down the line when doing maintenance. Reduce the filteration, powerheads, and do a combination of an AC500+AC200+1 powehead. Your Ps will love you for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.