Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off i'd like to say its late and im a bit tired but here it goes. Do fish know what they are, for instance does a pirahna know its a pirahna? I put a caribe in my largest tank today and about three of the tank mates flew over to the other side of the tank and took a good hard look at there new tank mate. The caribe nearly bit him in half but just stopped an instance before he got to the new guy (probably thought it was a feeder) and they all just stared at him for a good 5 seconds, then they all turned around and swam away. I don't know really know how to explain it I just thought it was really wierd like they said to each other "oh hes one of us"

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
they must sorta know.
my piraya took a few days before the accepted it and let it hang around with them.
one of my observations with my piraya is it looks at my reds in a inquisitive way especially when the swim into the powerhead.you can see it checking them out and wondering what they are doing then it tries to join in but still has not got it right yet ..wierd.
it does this a lot just sits back and checks them out it also hangs near my one eyed red and does not allow the others next to it even when it swims into the rest of the tank when any go to his side it chases them out all exept the one eyed red...my conclusion my piraya is strange.
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts