Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i just seen this
http://www.piranha-fury.com/forum/pfury/in...CODE=03&MID=381

it a member of p-fury. he breeds mice.

1st off, do mice make good pets? i want one. and how easy are they to breed? are they noisy? do they chew through anything? and could i catch a wild one, or should i buy them? and what do i need to put them in to have enough space to be happy, and how do i take care of them?

any info?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
ok if u want one keep these in mind they are smelly and u have to clean cage once a week,they breed like crazy if u have male and female,if u want a pet one U cant catch one and i wouldnt suggest buying a feeder,they are only like 3 bucks fer a fancy one,You have to buy a special mouse cage with bars close togther as they are tiny when young and can squezze though anything,do NOT get plastic cages they chew threw them like crazy. I was gunna get one before but decided on rat they are much smarter and u can actually train them a little bit.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
oh and they need like a little cage. all u have to buy is cage ( 20-30$) and about once a month food and treats (10$) woodblocks to chew on(2$) and woodshavings fer the bottom of cage (10$) and if u want u could buy them toys.they are not expensive pets.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I agree with Judazzz, also mice have no sphincter so they cannot control when they go to the toilet - so it will piss everywere it runs.

Mice are not the pet for me, but they are really cute

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Innes said:
I agree with Judazzz, also mice have no sphincter so they cannot control when they go to the toilet - so it will piss everywere it runs.

Mice are not the pet for me, but they are really cute
really? never knew that

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Oh, a rat is a great pet, I dont know how to keep them, but my friends sister had 2 and they were so well trained they could live loose in the house, and came when called to

·
Registered
135 Posts
mice stink rats are alot cleaner and fun to watch mine would sit on my shoulder and watch t.v with me i had to give him a treat every so often to keep him there at first after a while he would sit there for hours trust me get a rat if your going to buy a rodent

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i used to have 2 they are great i walked them on as lil rat leash and people thought it was a skunk.....
i think one would be alright in a 25 and they are not hard to take care of at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.