Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

if it is i have another tank with small rocks which all pet stores sell which is blue.. i wouldn't mind testing plants in there I believe it would be low light to med light. I was looking through some plants lastnight at the LFS and noticed they just had a filter going.. what are the best plants for starting out?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I guess it could be done with sucessful results...however, IMO i think its better to go with a substrate that has some nutrient value. Gives the plants a leg up...
Nice p's though!

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
That gravel is way too big! IMO anything bigger than a pea is too big. What kind of plants are you looking to grow?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I agree that the gravel is far too larger, you may want to look into Lesco's Soilmaster Select Charcoal... great stuff and super cheap.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Its fine if you dont want plants, but if you are wanting to grow plants, that would be like trying to have your garden grow in rocks the size of your fists...

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will it still work with normal blue tank gravel that almost everywhere sells (wal-mart)? got it for a cheep tank haha

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Will it still work with normal blue tank gravel that almost everywhere sells (wal-mart)? got it for a cheep tank haha
Planst will be OK in that gravel, but it is not an ideal substrate... no matter how cheap you get it, I doubt you will be able to beat Soilmaster Select... $17 for 50lbs....

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Planst will be OK in that gravel, but it is not an ideal substrate... no matter how cheap you get it, I doubt you will be able to beat Soilmaster Select... $17 for 50lbs....
[/quote]

I got two bags of gravel from wal-mart for 1.25 each hehe filled by 20.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts