Piranhas Forum banner

This forum will soon be moved....

708 views 63 replies 12 participants last post by  Grosse Gurke 
#1 ·
So I dont want 1000 threads asking what happened too it. When you come here and it is gone....look south.

See less See more
#8 ·
i dont like change...

sees gg break under the preashure of the whining misfits...

/gets over it...

/goes to hug the AQHU

/sniff

comes back from the higging and realizes this doesnt change things at all...

sorry GG its 6 am im kinda grumpy..

hopes this will resolve some of the endless whining...

yeah and i ment hugging

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Fine...but will this end all of the constant "Should we get rid of RIP or should they stay?" discussions that are constantly held over our heads? Or is this just a step in that direction?

Also, who frickin cares about post counts?? If you say our posts shouldnt count, then you are worrying too much about post count. And if you say our posts should count, then you are worrying too much about post count. Anybody who even utters the words "post count" in this discussion and then turns around and says post counts mean nothing would be hypocritical. By deciding to include or not to include AQHU posts, you are essentially conceding that post counts do matter.

#16 ·
Post count is an established, although faulty, way of viewing peoples participation on the site or knowledge on the subject the site is founded. Even though people that have been on the site for a while know this isnt necessarily the case....it is generally misinterpreted by the newer member...or members that are not as web savvy as some of you. That is why it continually comes up for debate.
I have seen Gigante Pirana questioned when he posts about his experience because he only has 240 posts on this site...even though he has more experience and knows more about piranhas then probably anyone on this forum. I have even seen people call him a newb in the hobby.

And no...this wont stop the discussion about getting rid of these teams or not...it will depend on how this works. I am willing to try it out...but if this whole "team" concept continues to be a disruptive thing on the site (like it has been)....then we will need to put an end to it. I have no problem with you guys wanting to get together and have fun...but all this bickering between each other is getting old. So...that being said...we will give this a try and see what happens.

#15 ·
Thanks C0rey...when Im not in AQHU, I try to take things I write pretty seriously. I like to logically set things up so people can follow where Im going with a particular thought or idea. And Im usually pretty fair and consistent with the way I think about and/or do things. Im also pretty quick to admit if I make a mistake.

Now that I think about it, I think Id make a pretty damn good MOD one day down the road...

#18 ·
Just get rid of the stupid teams. Im getting sick of seeing threads and posts like these..

Everybody in RIP says get rid of teams...Get rid of post counts...Get rid of members...Get rid of fighting...Get rid of anything that has nothing to do with fish...Get rid of the Lounge...

#20 ·
By the way, dont try to defend post counts to me...when everybody I see on here always say how they mean nothing. You said they were faulty yourself. So, just because they are the established way of doing things, just keep doing it? I can think of a lot of things in history that were established that were disgustingly wrong. And if post counts happen to be one of those things, then maybe thats where this site can be different. Maybe instead of a post count, you can have a link to like, a resume-type-thing so people can truly get an idea of who knows what on this site. Because post counts are a retards way of figuring out who knows what.

#21 ·
well even though i can get mad when folk complain about anything really i dont think we should give in just like that. if you look past the whining you will often see envy or other personal motives.

such a shame people, and now im talking about 99% of the members and mod's here, cant enjoy the fact that we enjoy it so much. how can it be so bad?
cmon all we want really is the AQHU and the "social" weirdness we experience there...

#22 ·
Wow...I can see myself being asked to leave the site in the very near future...

#23 ·
just do what nj says and youll be fine. the dumbest thing we can do is go the agressive whay. GG will uppercut as harder and faster then ever before if we do. time to be patient and understanding.

and never not show our gratefullness..

cause cmon we have gotten alot..

#24 ·
you guys are making way to big of a deal about this. we all saw it coming. first people loathed us for the fun we had then they envied us for the forum we got. the mods need to make everyone happy whether it be the teams bitching about not having a subforum, or people bitching about team threads everywhere. they need to find common ground and thats what they are trying to do. its not about making everyone happy, its just about making enough people happy. the team thing is a burden to the site, we all know that. and we all know why it exists. people are gonna be jealous or hatefull regardless of where team RIP is on the site.

#25 ·
Im not being aggressive. Im trying to have an intelligent conversation. If what I said is coming off aggressive, then youre reading it all wrong! Have I said anything untrue or flat out wrong to this point? And if you come back and say "yea, on paragraph one, sentence three, words four through fifteen were all wrong" then
. Im talking about concepts here...

If the team bickering bothers you, and thats what you are going to use to judge whether or not the team stuff stays or goes, then I think youre wasting time even trying this new path. Putting all the teams in the same forum will only lead to more fighting and bickering. I wont take part in it, but we all know that the whole RIP wont be judged on just my actions..

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
It wasnt for you...it was for GG. And what did I say that was so bad? Im really calm here...Im not being un-dude..

Im just trying to make a couple points...if anybody is threatened by that, then thats really sad.

#28 ·
IF it had all been for me wouldnt felt threatned just disapointed.

Seing it was not, just forget about post "26

i also agree with nj we are mking a big deal here... but bigger deals have been made about far more trivial subjects...

hopefully this change will result in little to no whining and just alittle more scrolling..

#29 ·
I came back...bc Ive got more...

Ok, so all the teams are going to go together in this Team Thread at the bottom of the page? I have a pretty decent analogy here. First I want to say...is it fair to assume that RIP gets hated on a lot? And that we really dont participate in a lot of the team vs team thing?

Ok...this new team thread...its going to be like a fish tank. Not a big fish tank...just a fish tank. Say, a 55 gal. All these teams, the way I see it, the way they bicker back and forth, wouldnt it be fair to compare the teams to a fish of the Serra family or genus or whatever the hell it is? Furthermore, what happens when you toss a couple Serras into one tank? What do you think will happen when several teams have to share the same proverbial tank?

Follow?..

I also have another one...

All these people who hate on RIP in the lounge...I can speak for myself when I say that theve never set foot in this thread. If they did, it was for like, two minutes to figure out that the thread is meaningless unless youre a total retard regular such as myself. NOW...You know how states like California, Florida, and Alabama have banned piranhas from being legally owned in those respective states? I would compare the "two minute haters" to the above state's lawmakers (senators, congressmen, whatever) I would compare RIP to a piranha. No piranha in particular, but just to make c0rey happy, lets say RIP is a Rhom. Youve got congressmen coming into the Lounge saying that Piranhas should be banned, when they have no real extensive (or even remedial) knowledge of piranhas. Maybe if those congresspeople actually took the time to try to understand what goes on in RIP...in AQHU, then they wouldnt be so hateful/fearful of us...or any team for that matter. But they continue to bury their head in the hate-sand and wish doom and gloom upon something that they not only dont participate in, but something they know absofuckinglutely nothing about. Just like lawmakers that fight to ban piranhas...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.