Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of selling my 4 5-6" rbps and starting again with 5 baby rbps. I think it's more fun to watch them grow up from babies. I'm only 15 and I'm waiting untill I have my own place tilll I want to grow out the piranhas to their max and keep them in a huge tank. I just think for now that it's better to buy babies and watch them as they mature over the years. Who else thinks that watching the p's grow up is the best part of having this awsome fish?

· Registered
298 Posts
sounds cool im 15 also i have 3 rbp's and they are only 2.5 inches and im gettin a 90gal soon so i will be able to keep them but im also consitering gettin a 55gal and a manny but that wont be for awhile

· Registered
18,153 Posts
I've been thinking about that a few times too, but one look at my tank quickly made me forget about the idea.
I agree it's very cool to witness babies transform into impressive and efficient predators, but for some reason I've gotten very attached to my boys. So I don't think I could ever swap them for a bunch of new ones.

But it's up to you - if you think it's worth it, why not?

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
I think the most rewarding part of looking at my piranhas who are now about 5 inches big is that they were grown from babies to what they are now. The actual growing was a long and exciting process, but I like that my guys are larger. They still have a long way to go and are only about 8 months old, but they've come a long way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.