Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that Red Devil Cichlids are bad ass fish and are more personal in behaviour than P's, is this true ? There are 2 6"inch ones at the LFS for 24.99 that are pure red devils and they look deep orange. I want a fish that is personal and aggressive at the same time. Would a Red Devil Cichlid fall into this category ? thanks for the information. What other cichlids are aggressive and kick ass at the same time ?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
yes, a red devil would suit your wants perfectly. Scarfish just recently got one, himself. He loves it.

Red Devils, Midas, Jaguar, Trimacs, Red Terrors, Dovii (Wolf Cichlid), Texas, and most other large cichlids that I can't think of right now all make for aggressive, personable fish.

Here's a listing if you wanna look em up:
http://www.geocities.com/watermonster1/species.htm

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Personally, I think this will do better in the Non-Piranha Forum...

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I ONLY like RD's when matured and have the macho hump. Makes them even look more badass than they already are.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
a good choice for a baas fish, or you may want flowerhorn

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Innes said:
a good choice for a baas fish, or you may want flowerhorn
flowerhorn's all talk lol

·
Registered
972 Posts
Flowerhorns are meaner than an RD but they aren't as personable, imo. They will follow you around the tank, but if you put anything in it they'll attack it and if it's your hand, then they will attack that. I think you want to be able to interact with it if I'm reading you correctly.

If you want aggressiveness AND the ability to "pet it" or be personable, I would get a Midas or RD.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
i used to have a rd it killed both oscar's in the tank with it
i thought it would never die until my cat swatted it out of the tank and had it for dinner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts