Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
from my personal view...18" thickness...with 80 long...personally...5-6 TOPS full grown....id like to see what others would have to say too...

saw your edit.....i have 4 caribe and 2 redbellys...i love them and wouldnt change a thing about them...the caribe are makin my reds not so skittish...but my reds are somewhat enforcing the tank so...i love it....go with reds, caribe, ternz, or piraya's...or get one of each

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Evidently 5-6 adults may do well in there. Só you could start with 8-10 juveniles.

But then, if you plan to create a high-class planted aquarium with strong light and CO2-pressurized system, I would recommend about 4 adults.

Harry

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
depends on your filtration id say 6 is the key # but some under stock them which is probally great for the fish usually the 2 extremes are harry with the low and if hater chimes in i think he does well with the overstocked tanks so maybe he will give you the max high # but those two are great for giving the wide range then you can pick a # between them depending on your filtration

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I would go with 8. As stated above, if you stick with reds you can definitely get away with overcrowing the tank. However, a mixed pygo shoal is very sweet. I would start off with at least 10 reds since you will lose some along the way.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I have 11 mixd pygos in my 150 gl tank.

You wanna be safe go with 6 but you want an exciting tank then get 10to 12 and if you feel the tank is over crouded, sell a few.

Hater

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.