Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys know how thick skin a Pleco this long would have?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i mean would a piranha of this size:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cause any serious injuries on the pleco?
talking about single P here

and wut are the canches he would attack the pleco?

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Anything kept with a piranha stands the chance of being attacked, but, I personally have never seen piranhas show much of an interest in attacking plecos. They keep a pretty low profile.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
If there is one species that will survive most with piranhas, most hobbyists will probably say plecos. They get smoked from time to time but all in all, they will be ok, especially since your pleco is larger than your red.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have a much larger pleco and a much smaller pleco in the same tank with my caribe and reds. The little one does his job on the glass and the larger one eats all leftovers. They dont get in the way and occupy very little space. No problems here.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have a peco in with 2 reds and a piraya and he is ok he has lived with reds for over a year .he is also a bad ass mofo .
i have had plecos last a day with previous reds i have owned so good luck and it does not matter how tough the skin is if the want to bite it they will
dixon

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
you thread is slightly inacurate, depending on waht size monitor you have the length will vary
like for example, here at work i am on a 19" monitor, where as at home im on a 17" ...etc...
just an observation...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.