Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I couldn't find a store that had large feeders tonight, I had to buy some small feeders. I couldn't believe it when they ate 5 dozen small feeder fish, thats 60 in under an hour. and I feed them daily. 60 between 4 red bellies is pretty good isnt it?

·
Beautiful One
8,136 Posts
Fat p's aren't healthy, but they got to eat sometime.

·
Captain Britannia
4,605 Posts
yep probably a little overkill on that one but i bet it was good to watch .i would say if feeding every day about 2 feeders each . when i fed my 4 reds whitebait i usually added @ 8 fish in total per feeding

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They arent fat by no means, the feeders I gave them were only very small, the ones I normally give them are about 2 inches long, and ill put 5 or so in a day. 1 is 3-4" 2 are 6" and one is about 10". I'm gonna measure trhem tonight to see if im right.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
YOu can change their feeding habits by reducing their daily food to a min, then slowly intro them with different varieties such as shrimp, krill, beefheart...ect. Its great seeing all the carnage when feeding them feeders. But in the long run, I suppose you want to keep your Ps longer with age, healthy, and not develope diseases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.