Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 thermal pre-set heaters. (1)300 wat and (1) 200 wat on my 180gal. with both of them cranked up all the way, the water only gets to 79. when i want the temp to 82. is anyone having problems with thier thermal fully submersable pre set heaters? they suck.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
is your thermometer next to the heaters or on the other side of the tank?
79 sounds good to me.
but perhaps you need 2x 200w

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I don't know how much gallons per hour those two filters combined do (they don't sell those filters in Holland; all I get here is Eheim, Jewel, and sometimes Fluval), but most people will tell you that you need at least 6 times your tank gallonage as gph-flow, if possible (ie. affordable) even more...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have one of these and i'm not so happy with it either. I only have a 55, and the heater is right in the flow of my filter, so the tank stays at 80, but the first one broke on me, and this one is really inconsistent. The temp changes a lot for no reason... im looking to buy a new heater.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
I have two 300w hagen thermal pre-set in my 125gal they are not cranked up and i can keep my tank at a steady 80 deg they are both placed vertically in each corner submerged.i notice that the one closest to outlet of my filter will come on more than the other but my readings on both thermometers read the same.i would replace the 200w with a 300w and see if that helps.good luck! you will have alot of water movement with those ac 300-500 but i would think about getting a canister filter like a fluval 404 or a xp3 filstar these filter would fine tune your water.i also have a ac300 but it lets alot of debris get threw.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nike. 2 300WAT!!! THATS ENOUGH FOR A FREAKEN 300GAL.!!!! these pre-set heaters made by hagen suck.
thats y you need 600 freaken watts to power a measly 125gal.

and Black Piranha. ever thought what will happen if a piranha gets a hold of that cord? if he bites the cord to the heater your going to be so f*cked.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what i did was i bought a 200wat TRONIC with heater gard($50 cdn freaken dollers with the gard). i put that crapy 200wat from the 180gal on a 20gal im going to set up for the summer. this summer i plan to get some more serra species. anywayse. yesterday i got the tronic,another ac 500 (dam those things are expensive) and some aquarium salt. i put the tronic in and man. those heaters are so strong. i think the tronic heater is the best product hagen has made. next to the ac's. god damn i hate hagen........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.