Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didnt make the cut as a "documentary".

Now, it recieved zero Academy Award nominations. A fitting tribute to a propaganda piece made by one big fat hypocritical egomaniac.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I'm not saying Fahrenheid is a good or a bad mockumentary (haven't seen it yet), but I certainly don't need the Oscar Academy to figure out what is hot and what is not... It's all a commercial circus anyways, all about money, not movies.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Meh i saw it didn't really care for it. Some people i know got totally warped buy it though, thinking they know everything about american politics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Xenon said:
Now, it recieved zero Academy Award nominations. A fitting tribute to a propaganda piece
[snapback]863698[/snapback]​
yeah.. i was going to say the same thing about "the passion of christ" but it looks like its up for two.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Because he wanted so many people to see his video, he let it go onto Television very quickly.

Because of that he forfeited any nominations he would get. He knew this and didn't care because he already has an award for best documentary.

from
http://movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=5461

"Moore bowed out of the best doc Oscar race to allow the possibility of a television run despite Sony's reluctance. Acad rules render docs ineligible if they appear on TV within nine months of their theatrical release."

I guess he really really really wanted to make sure everybody saw it.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
The real disappointment is that Passion of the Christ truly got snubbed. Now I am the furthest thing from a Bible Banger (I'm agnostic) but Passion was the most beautiful movie I think I have EVER seen. Even if you disagree with it's meaning, you can't deny that it came in THIRD in sales - yet still got black-balled from real awards. Many hollywood elites refused to even watch it, how can we trust their opinion on it? I guess it just goes to show you (as if we didn't already know) that hollywood is nowhere near in touch with the American people.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
^Many of the stars said it was "anti semetic"...well im sorry that he was telling the story of christ...CHRIST...heh

·
Banned
974 Posts
unfortunately michael moore could barely touch on real issues or the movie wouldn't of been allowed and he would of been risking his life.

he made a mockery of very serious situations and his movie was heavily watered down to say the least....but hey thats "democracy"

·
Registered
687 Posts
Xenon said:
It didnt make the cut as a "documentary".

Now, it recieved zero Academy Award nominations. A fitting tribute to a propaganda piece made by one big fat hypocritical egomaniac.
[snapback]863698[/snapback]​
served the fat bitch right :nod:

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Enriqo_Suavez said:
The real disappointment is that Passion of the Christ truly got snubbed. Now I am the furthest thing from a Bible Banger (I'm agnostic) but Passion was the most beautiful movie I think I have EVER seen. Even if you disagree with it's meaning, you can't deny that it came in THIRD in sales
[snapback]863863[/snapback]​
That movie was the single worst piece of bloated sh*t that I have ever seen in my entire life. Beatiful movie? It was tired, cliched, and uninventive (not to mention unartistic) camera tricks like slow motion beatings with no substance to it whatsoever because Gibson KNEW religeous people would flock to it en masse and say it was amazing because it's Jesus. It came in third not because it was a good movie, but because it was such a hyped movie and everyone either saw it to see what the big deal was about (like myself) or because they were religeous and therefore would find deep meaning in it. I don't disagree with it's meaning, because I don't think it had one. It said very little about Jesus the man, or his faith, or even the context for why he was crucified other than Gibson's version of "the rotten jews set him up", had zero storyline, and was an all around piece of garbage. I can't even call that a movie in good conscience, South park said it best with "that wasn't even a movie, it was a snuff film"

As for fahrenheit 9/11, good, I can't stand Michael Moore, he singlehandedly torpedoes the credibility of the movement against Bush with his wacked out conspiracy theories and legions of followers who chant that Bush is an evil man without knowing f*ck all about why they say that.

·
Banned
974 Posts
actually you should do more research before dismissing all theories as being "wacked out"

agreed. there are many far-fetched ones

but just b/c the gov't dosen't certify dosen't me its not fact.

after all why would they want dirt exposed/

btw just because the gov't certifies it dosent make it fact either

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
its funny, moores movie prob helped bush in hindsight....he was so far left and untrustworthy people either loved him or hated him...and in that case influenced peoples view on kerry

·
Banned
974 Posts
actually he isnt really that "far left" at all.

people that are "far left" aren't able to make movies.

michael perenti anybody?

what americans call "far left" and what the world does seem to be way off.

but hey, america is what matters, right?

·
4,053 Posts
syd said:
actually he isnt really that "far left" at all.
Well thats your opinion, he sure isn't no centralist. Honestly, he fucked his own cause.
syd said:
people that are "far left" aren't able to make movies.
Haha, bullshit.
syd said:
michael perenti anybody?

syd said:
what americans call "far left" and what the world does seem to be way off.
Is that a good or bad thing?
syd said:
but hey, america is what matters, right?
You said it, and you're correct.

·
Banned
974 Posts
anti-american sentiment is at an all time high and im sorry to say that i can not disagree with their reasons.

·
4,053 Posts
syd said:
anti-american sentiment is at an all time high and im sorry to say that i can not disagree with their reasons.
[snapback]864962[/snapback]​
sh*t, I'd hate to see what the USA think's of the rest of the world. Anti-american sentiment just fuels the flames of imperialism with might devour those nations.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts