Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The USA is in violation of the 1949 Geneva Convention.
want me to show you? Ok here is it.
here
Article 35.-Basic rules
1. In any armed conflict, the right of the Parties to the conflict to choose methods or means of warfare is not unlimited.
2. It is prohibited to employ weapons, projectiles and material and methods of warfare of a nature to cause superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering.

3. It is prohibited to employ methods or means of warfare which are intended, or may be expected, to cause widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment.
Please read #3) over and over.
And one remeber Angent Orange? How much of that crap did we dump all over the place in the Vietnam war? TONS AND TONS of it. Did you know it is still working over thier? Still active? and killing / making people sick?

I am very saddend that we have not cleaned it up and treated them for it.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Is there a definitive connection? Do you think this is positive to bring up (i.e. some OLD sh*t) when we are in a time of war and need to support our troops?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yeah, I didn't see anyone cleaning up the twin towers after they collapsed except us. I wonder if saddam personally cleaned up all the people that he has killed? I also like how a lot of our POW's were executed. Should we start executing everyone we capture? I wish our troops would get more support during these times. Go Troops!

Mark

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in favor of war, but i am saying two wrongs dont make a right, and we can claim they are doing war crimes and stop, if we did the same thing.
a war crime is a war crime.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of them. And each act is other crime. I am just saying HE is not the only one doing them, we have done our fair share also, that all i was trying to say.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I didn't see anyone cleaning up the twin towers after they collapsed except us.
the terrorists never came over here and cleaned up te mess.........we should've made the captured terrorists clean it up.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mdemers883 said:
yeah, I didn't see anyone cleaning up the twin towers after they collapsed except us. I wonder if saddam personally cleaned up all the people that he has killed? I also like how a lot of our POW's were executed. Should we start executing everyone we capture? I wish our troops would get more support during these times. Go Troops!

Mark
you fool, the twin towers was not a act of war. And even if it was - Afgan is not apart of the 1949 Geneva Convention. So it dosnt matter.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arg, i am not one of these natizies protesting war, i hope none of them get killed and i think we are doing the right thing, so far we are doing a good job.

I hope we hold russia accounabl for selling then the new anti-tank missles and nigh vison gear they are using agest us.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You'd Sh*t yourself if you know all the crap that the us and other countries do, they beleave if people dont know about it then there's no harm done. blame it on the CIA or the Gov.

MAD

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
You'd Sh*t yourself if you know all the crap that the us and other countries do, they beleave if people dont know about it then there's no harm done. blame it on the CIA or the Gov.

MAD
preach brother mad..preach...
all gov are shady....and its all for the love of money and power

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mayve its just me but what ever happened to "alls fair in love andWar" War crimes my ass, there are no "crimes" when all is fair, when there are no rules, for christ sake carpet bomb the whole country for all I care, or better yet have saddam kill his own people,
gee I'm sure that would bring the level of ignorance, stupidity, and hate down in this world we live in, no more iraqis, or germans, or french, or russians, or whoever else tries to get in our way

sorry, I got off on a tangent

I support our troops

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
you fool, the twin towers was not a act of war

mmmm...I wonder if any of there money was from Iraq? and I"m a fool, at least I know how to spell nazi, hehe.

Mark

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
al Qaeda was already "at war" with the US, so X is right, it was not an act of war.

Forked, there are rules to govern the conduct of both sides in war. Why? Put yourself in the soldier's position. You get captured by the enemy and taken to a POW camp. Since there are no rules you are beaten, electrocuted, cut, kicked, starved and other unimaginal things. All of this is video taped and paraded on tv.

Another force invades your country, to make things difficult for them your military decides to hide itself among the general population, using hospitals, schools, apartment complexes as bases and strongholds. The invading force doesn't give a crap about your population and starts hammering the city with artillery, carpet bombing, mortars, cluster bombs. Thousands upon thousands of civilians are killed including most of your family and friends.

Now do you see why we have laws governing wars? There is a lot more than just this, but those are two of the prevalent ones in this war.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
bobme said:
All of them. And each act is other crime. I am just saying HE is not the only one doing them, we have done our fair share also, that all i was trying to say.
I agree with that!

I also believe the US should be held accountable for what they are doing in Iraq at the moment. I don't care about Iraqi soldiers, nor US or British soldiers, for that matter: those fools were stupid enough to enlist (well, the Coalition ones were). So please spare me any whining about casualties, please (sorry if I offended anyone with this remark, but this is my opinion: you wanted this damn war!)
I do care about innocent civilians paying the price for the decisions politicians take (Bush, Blair< Saddam and all the rest responsible for the war), on the other hand. I don't know what kind of bombs the US is using currently (cluster bombs, bunker busters and more, equally nasty stuff), but there has been a horrible civilian death count already (ie. Hillah, where the Int. Red Cross has confirmed dozens of children and women died because of the air attacks: the severity of the injuries rule out anything but cluster bombs).
Probably not as many as the Iraqi media claims, but at least a couple of hundreds as of yet (still rising...)

And also, I'd like to add this: you say you want to 'liberate' the Iraqi people, which I guess is indeed an honest and upright goal of this war.
But somehow it seems that the US fails to realize that for every bomb dropped, every innocent person killed in this war on terror you are ensuing, you'll create dozens, or perhaps even hundreds or thousands of new enemies to the US (potential terrorists, suicide attackers etc. turning against the US or US targets).
So, in a way, you are calling even more bloodshed and sorrow on yourself by following this policy (ie. the Bush Doctrine), but this circle will not be broken (probably get even worse) as long as Bush and his warmongers have power (I mean, they are already starting to threaten other countries: to me it seems like they want a long war, if not in Iraq, then elsewhere).

Let me make clear that I'm not against the current war against Iraq: even though I'm not in favor of it, I'm realistic enough to understand that it's inevitable and that this is the only way to get rid of Saddam and his regime....
But the way it's legitimated, and more importantly, conducted, does bother me, a lot!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
what I really dont understand is why people are protesting this war, we are trying to get rid of a world threat, Sadaam is not the type of person the world wants in charge of nuclear and bio weapons, and we are trying to give those people freedom

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.