Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they're getting rid of the old 7 wonders and making a more current list.

Go to: http://www.new7wonders.com
And cast your vote for what you think should be the next 7 wonders of the world. Sofar only about 20 million people have taken part in it.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing can beat the original 7 wonders. some of them are things that could be constucted nowadays...but would never last as long.
Well at least the modern 7 wonders will be real things, unlike the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, which they dont even know if it was true or not.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
i dont see how anything we have made today with current technolgies can compare to what they built years ago with nothing?

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
I voted for Christ Redeemer Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This is one place I plan to visit before I die. Awesome statue and of course beautiful woman. hehe

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
nothing can beat the original 7 wonders. some of them are things that could be constucted nowadays...but would never last as long.
Well at least the modern 7 wonders will be real things, unlike the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, which they dont even know if it was true or not.
[/quote]

well all the other wonders are real. and im pretty sure the hanging gardens of babylon existed to some extent.lol

i saw the temple of artemis (or whats left of it.lol) in Ephesus in turkey. that was truly amazing, and no modern skyscraper or other piece of architecture can beat it. but at the same time, the seven wonders of the ANCIENT world are just that. its a good thing that they're doing a set for the MODERN world. it will be interesting to see what gets voted in.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I voted for Christ Redeemer Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This is one place I plan to visit before I die. Awesome statue and of course beautiful woman. hehe
that was going to be my first vote.untill i had to register.I think that is one of the coolest places to mount a giant statue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts