Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You were asking, so here he/she is...about 2"...never thought I'd be so happy about a pleco, but there it is...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Wow, that's one beautiful little sucker

Good luck with him!

A word of advice: Nuggets are notorious for being hard to acclimatize: unfortunately many die during the first weeks, due to improper acclimatization by the importer/retailer. Often they are sold before the bacteria in their digestive system have the chance to adapt to the change from living in the wild to a life in captivity. This causes problems with extracting nutrients from their food, which means they can literally starve to death despite the fact they are eating.
So keep an eye out on him the first couple of weeks, and act as soon as you notice a sunken belly or eyes - if caught in time, there's a good change of recovery.

·
Don't f*ck with the fairy.
5,168 Posts
wow, i hate plecos but that is one GORGEOUS fish... i love the band of yellow on the end of his tail... just lovely.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I catch it early, what do I do about it? Thanks a lot for the advice, I figured they would be the same as a normal pleco...

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Lyle said:
So if I catch it early, what do I do about it? Thanks a lot for the advice, I figured they would be the same as a normal pleco...
[snapback]868051[/snapback]​
they dont clean as well, but look a lot better

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
very nice nugget love the colors l

1 - 10 of 10 Posts