Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought id share had theese from 1 inch id say they are about 5 inch now. any how i cant belive how much thier faces have changed they look like bulldogs almost over night

Attachments

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
nice reds......they have very good color

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
is it cycled.......whats your filtration and how big is the tank?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 125 gallon with ehiem filter i have been told that i could use bio balls so i will. tank is cycled and has 4 redz in there. what is or what causes a bacterial bloom

·
Registered
655 Posts
overfeeding can causes a bloom to happen food gets trapped somewhere and cause ammonia and nitrites to spike do large water changes and change part of your filtration. Just some ideas in my emporer 400 the 2 extra baskets that came with it i put a load of carbon and cotton into it my water stays pretty clear. I dont recommend using chems for clearing tank water they really dont work i have found

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
overfeeding can causes a bloom to happen food gets trapped somewhere and cause ammonia and nitrites to spike do large water changes and change part of your filtration. Just some ideas in my emporer 400 the 2 extra baskets that came with it i put a load of carbon and cotton into it my water stays pretty clear. I dont recommend using chems for clearing tank water they really dont work i have found
Well said!
nice red btw...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
very nice fish you have there, what happened to the one in front?
its got a dent in its head....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure o got 8 at 1 inch and he was like that but i thought it was different he is the most agressive of the 4 reds remaining 1 was eaten and the other 3 i gave away not long ago cause my tank isnt really a fair size for 7

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Reds take on several diff body shapes. I am surprised you guys have never owned a red with a flat head before.

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
Reds take on several diff body shapes. I am surprised you guys have never owned a red with a flat head before.
not sure if that happens on purposes or genetics. Ive seen reds with flatheads and some more higher. I had a red with an unusual high back, maybe a vinny :laugh:

nice pics

1 - 16 of 16 Posts