Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the back and one of the sides are painted blue on my tank and i want to remove the paint whats the best way to do that ???

what i was thinking of doing is heating up the water to 30-40° temp and then using hot water in a peice of cloth
and scrape it of with a razor blade....

am i doing the right thing or ??

this is the tank
Wood Automotive tire Gas Engineering Machine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've found the best way is to heat up white vinegar to just about boiling and pour it on the paint, wait about 30 seconds and scrape with a razor blade. Paint slides right off.

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Wont that scratch your tank all to hell? Thats the main reason I dont use paint...too much of a commitment it seems. And Im not all about jacking something up that I just spent decent loot on. I make my own backgrounds, problem solved!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
try paint thinner and a rag,

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
paint thinner and a razor/scraper/shapened spoon it doesnt matter lol

·
Is a Boss.
4,236 Posts
Wont that scratch your tank all to hell? Thats the main reason I dont use paint...too much of a commitment it seems. And Im not all about jacking something up that I just spent decent loot on. I make my own backgrounds, problem solved!
if you use acrylic paint you can just peel it off.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
dont think to hard about it just get to it lol...try all of the things you have read here and let up know what works the best

1 - 14 of 14 Posts