Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this question can be answered by everyone because I am sure that everyone has an idea/philosophy/opinion/belief about what happens to us after we die. Some believe that we decend into the heavens where we live out eternity in paradise with the father of souls who we as humans have come to know as God.

Some believe that we just black out and our excitence is terminated utterly and we slip back into unconsiousness like the time before we were born.

What ever ideas that excist about what happens to us after we die, there excists also the undeniable reality that we all die. We all reach the end of our time. That moment when this question will be defined in terms that dont need an explaination or thought. It will just happen. One day I will die. One day you will die. One day every human being that will ever live will die. It makes me wonder if death in itself actually serves a purpose. That we are meant to die. To affirm that we actually have lived. For what is death but a reflection of life.

I am not trying to sound philosophical or smart. Or religious or spiritual. All I want to know is what you think will happen after we die. And because of the miracle of the internet none of us know eachother ( aside from a few ) and that in itself helps guide this topic. Because its all about ideas. Feel free to write yours down here, and share with the rest of us what you think happens after we die. That one undeniable fact, ironically of life.

Shred.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe what you have written in your 2nd paragraph. Go to sleep, what you don't know won't hurt you.

We're nature, just like ants, bees, cows, etc. Just like the mold that grows on cheese after it's been sitting for awhile. We've just evolved a whole lot better, which is somewhat unfortunate for the rest of the living beings on this earth.

You brough up this good point: "One day every human being that will ever live will die. It makes me wonder if death in itself actually serves a purpose. That we are meant to die. To affirm that we actually have lived. For what is death but a reflection of life."

This holds true, however, that is only if you believe in the first paragraph.

Thanks

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
I belive its the same as like when you go to the hospital, and the put you to sleep, a deap sleep. death, pure falling black, that never ends.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hmmmm...i beleive i will die and go to the big fish bowl in the sky and swim with the piranhas

Some believe that we decend into the heavens where we live out eternity in paradise with the father of souls who we as humans have come to know as God.
yes

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I believe (hope) you mind will make up its own reality...somewhat like a dream. And this being the case, I will spend my days playing all the golf courses I wont be able to play in this life....Agusta, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews....ect

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
thePACK said:
i believe in heaven and hell....
Thats what Im talking about. Straight forward and to the point! Im with PACK on this one.

BTW, Jeff...if that so be the case about your caddie...wouldnt she have to make up the same reality as you? Wow boy, good luck!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I believe that after you die, theres another life that you live where your subconcious mind creates. Whether this place is heaven or hell, the judgment of your spirit decided your place.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think when you die, all that happens is that you're live just ends: your mind stops wondering, your body stops functioning, almost like someone pulls the plug out...
After dying, you're being buried or cremated, and the memories of you slowly fade away with the years/decades... (may sound harsh, but who has vivid memories of family members from 3 generations back? The only thing that remains of us ordinary people will be tales/stories/memories told and remembered by close friends and loved ones, but how long would they prevail...?)
Not very romantic, I know, but I believe death is just the last 'stage', nothing religious, ghostly or special about it...

Just my 2 (atheistic) cents...

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Heaven and Hell

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i believe life is just energy, when you die, your enegry seeps into the ground and eventually you might come back to something that uses energy. but physically your worm food.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.