Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the 8 mile on dvd and saw it for the first time last night. i was wondering if it is really like that in detroit michigan. thats truly gettho.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
yeah, my girlfriends mom used to be a slum lord there, that was actually filmed in Detroit, I went there a few times too

I was dissappointed with 8 mile

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah. i was pissed to. he just walked in the ally way.
. they didnt show what happend in his future or nothing

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Man I thought the ending was tough! The DVD is tight because it has some rap battles on there where Eminem was supposed to lipsynch with some extras that were picked from the crowd. The crowd started booing him so he turned off his mic and ripped the extras to shreds. It was so f'n tight, I love that movie. I think MAD piranhas lives near 8-mile in D-town.

·
"Tony Danza!"
574 Posts
Uh, I'm pretty sure that the ending was meant to be his life.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Clay said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure that the ending was meant to be his life.
Yes the ending was meant to be left open. The point of the movie was that B Rabbit finally found his voice and overcomed the challenges he was facing. Making it big was not the point of the movie. It was his search for himself and his place in the world of hip-hop. He found it during the last battles and more specifically the last one against Pop-a-Doc (whatever)....but then afterward, life has to go on.....

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
It was a pretty good movie and yes , I've been lost there a few times and it's pretty nasty in some areas,I think actually worse than portrayed.
I remember going to to get smokes(less taxes ) and gas when the dollar was better and just waiting for someone to jack you at the pumps.
I prefer to stay on this side of the river.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I agree I just like the battles and the one they sang based off of the sweet home alabama song.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
The ending was perfect for that movie. Im glad that they didnt show anymore...because if they had...then it would have been a Hollywood ending...and those are soo dolled up. The overall movie was really good in my opinion.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have never seen 8 mile but yeah detroit is ghetto been there many times, I am from buffalo new york(anyone ever been there?) it is just like detroit in everyway almost, same corparation like betheium steel etc. There is a ghetto in every major city in the us, even the suburbs of detroit and buffalo are getting bad, soon they will be part of the city, Cities do nothing but get bigger and bigger. I am going to have to get 8 mile on dvd, is it worth buying?

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I dunno if its the southeast of DC, but years ago, a bunch of us went to the Captial Ballroom in DC for a show, ended up getting lost on the way back, and somehow ended up in what looked like a scene from Boyz in the Hood, pure ghetto.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.