Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jesus christ I hate ehiem, I really do, I have a 55 with 9 3-4" rbps the 120 is starting its cycling this sunday. ANYWAY I came home to all my rbps at the top gasping for air. I opened the lid an ammonia out the ass. I look at the filter and nothing, the motor seized in the eheim, its only a year old. I just cleaned and replaced the media so there was no clogging of any kind. All I know is I did an 65 % water change, ripped out the eheim and put in a biowheel 400 that has been running for a couple years now in my hospital tank SO thank god I still have a descent biowheel I added strees coat, little bit of salt and medicine for fin rot, I also put in another filtered currentmaker, what the hell they called, ne way, I put in a second aerotar turned off alll the lights and dialed the heat to 80 instead of 78. They look healthy but scared shitless. I hope they pull threw, since I am buyig them a tank this sunday. wow I didt need that on a friday, the filter had to been off for like 4-5 hours wow u guys think I missed n e thing????

· Piranha Expert
3,608 Posts
my buddys $2,000 snake died because one of his heating pads overheated, he reported it to the company and made them replace his snake, they gave him $2,000 for dead the snake.

if i were you, and ur fish died. i would be going to ehiem and start some sh*t up.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well as of now! eheim's final response is replacement unit, a case of substrate (which is practically ayears supply) and anew filter at half price so I am looking to pick up either the Model 2128 or the Model 2229 The model 2229 looks badass! u agree!?

I am revivng this thread godamn it! lol but u guys told me top keep u posted

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
I dont get it...

Is the Eheim the ONLY filteration you had for your tank? I dont think an ammonina spike would occur so drastically, even if your filter were to conk out for a 2 days. You said they were gasping for air (which brings me back to IF the eheims were the only filterationused). If the Eheim WAS the only filteration you had, then the output tube wasn't spitting out water back to your tank, which would not create water/surface agitation, which would decrease the levels of oxygen mixture in your tank, and have your Ps gasping for air.

:wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.