Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My terns were breeding some time ago, I just found one left abought 1", I didn't know they were breeding, tank is set up in the garage with low lighting, must have lost the rest, waiting to see if breeding takes place again.

· RHoM L0V3R
1,062 Posts
Hmm. Kinda fishy (no pun intended) for a 1st post but congrats on the spawn. If I were you I would take that 1"er out ASAP and put it in a 10g or something like that to grow it out and make sure it really is a baby tern. How big is the tank? How many fish and what kind are in it? Any pics?

· Registered
2 Posts
100 Gal. 3- Terns 6-7", 1- 8"RBP, 1- 5" Piraya, already removed the baby out, main tank is in a dark garage, I haven't paid much attention to them lately, just to drop some food in, until I did a water change, that's when I found the 1" fry, big suprise to me. The Terns are about 1 year old, they were given to me as baby's abought 1", from a guy that had a breeding pair. I have had P's on & and off for 25 years, first time breeding.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Before this becomes a bashing thread im getting photos to confim wether they are in fact ternetzi. P. natteri have been found to have color variations. I have a breeding pair of natts with the yellow color variation. Lets just wait.

Rich1 said:
100 Gal. 3- Terns 6-7", 1- 8"RBP, 1- 5" Piraya, already removed the baby out, main tank is in a dark garage, I haven't paid much attention to them lately, just to drop some food in, until I did a water change, that's when I found the 1" fry, big suprise to me. The Terns are about 1 year old, they were given to me as baby's abought 1", from a guy that had a breeding pair. I have had P's on & and off for 25 years, first time breeding.
[snapback]836871[/snapback]​

· Registered
10,481 Posts
HOLLYWOOD Posted Today, 04:50 PM
Before this becomes a bashing thread im getting photos to confim wether they are in fact ternetzi. P. natteri have been found to have color variations. I have a breeding pair of natts with the yellow color variation. Lets just wait.
I'm curious if these terns (Rich1) came from Ohio?

· Registered
10,481 Posts
TheRealSNiger Posted Today, 08:25 AM
What are you guys talking about! Those are ternetzis with red bellies. Pygocentrus Natterreri! Am I wrong? If I am then I must have some bogus info.
Pygocentrus nattereri = commonly named as redbelly and ternetzi. Hollywood has seen the fish, provided the photos and they are common red belly.

How things going Brad?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.