Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Ternetzis eat more and can be more territorial than Caribes. Is this true? I am going to buy 6-3 inch fish of one or the other but I don't want my fish to look all beat up like some pics I have seen of Caribe tanks. Kinda leaning towards Terns now. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I want them to be as aggressive as possible without major fighting.

·
Is a Boss.
4,236 Posts
agression usually depends on the individual fish. go with what ever speicies you think look better. or get 3 of each.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ternz are sometimes known as more aggressive then caribe, but caribe are supposed to be the most aggressive out of the pygo family ie: pirya, caribe, redbelly's, and ternz....my caribe are beautiful right now...they scrap alot in my tank but no fin nips or anything...i heard ternz grow pretty damn quick, quicker then caribe at that...i have 2 rbp's, and 4 caribe in my tank...everythings looking a o k...IMO get some caribe...or like NJ says, 3 of each...having less battle wounds on your p's will also need lots of hiding spots for them, just so if they're getting chased they can take a breather...and more hiding spots equals more territory the fish have to claim...hencing more hiding spots then fish = better

heres a pic of my caribe...notice no missing fins or anything

·
Registered
441 Posts
Forget pygos there boring pick up a Larg Rhom thats the way to go or if i had to pick a pygo group i would go with the caribe.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Forget pygos there boring pick up a Larg Rhom thats the way to go or if i had to pick a pygo group i would go with the caribe.
i would never pick a single fish over having a shoal of a sick set of pygo's...so i beg to differ
[/quote]

I have both. I'll take my Monster if I have to choose.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
both....you said sick set of pygos....they are both sick fish get 3 of each

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think my tern has a bit more attitude about his territory than my caribe...Both are great fish to own...Personally I would do as mentioned and consider a mixed shoal.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Get 3 of each!
That way, less regret in the long-run!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
i would never pick a single fish over having a shoal of a sick set of pygo's...so i beg to differ
[/quote]

i'd pick a shoal over a solo fish too. Rhoms are awesome but a shoal devouring its food is wicked.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
[/quote]

X2 plus, you can't beat the feeding frenzy

·
Registered
105 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

X 3! .. a shoal over a single fish any day!. but i'd like BOTH..

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

X 3! .. a shoal over a single fish any day!. but i'd like BOTH..:nod:
[/quote]

A large Rhom rocks, but a large shoal of pygos.........come on.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
IF you want aggresive.....go cariba all the way :nod:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

X 3! .. a shoal over a single fish any day!. but i'd like BOTH..:nod:
[/quote]

A large Rhom rocks, but a large shoal of pygos.........come on.
[/quote]

WOO HOO got 3 ppl to back my side of the story up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts