Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if natts and ternetzis(yellow belly natts) are the same species what are their differences, personality wise. are terns as skittish as reds? do they have a bigger appetite? etc.

thx
donut

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
From what I've seen, they are much thicker, more of a bulldog face, not skittish, very mellow, There appetite is huge is close to caribe, in terms of amount eaten. Not terretorial. They are in a 125 and seldom fight, not nips on fits. These 3 terns are 10-12in, it will differ comparing to smaller ones.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
MPower said:
From what I've seen, they are much thicker, more of a bulldog face, not skittish, very mellow, There appetite is huge is close to caribe, in terms of amount eaten. Not terretorial. They are in a 125 and seldom fight, not nips on fits. These 3 terns are 10-12in, it will differ comparing to smaller ones.
My experences are very similar, they feed like cariba without the territorial disputes, and arent skittish like reds. They also seem to be more active

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
they are basicly the same fish, only yellow belly instead of red.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
nitrofish said:
believe me they act MUCH different
believe me, no they dont. You need to compare them to wild reds and mine acts basically the same as my wild natts. This is what my experience has been however, others my have a completely different experience.
We all have different experiences with out p's because of the different environments we provide them. So my experiences are based on the way my p's act, which will be different than what others experience.
We get into trouble when we try to tell others what to expect because our tank setup, lighting, feeding, ect... will not be the same and therefore neither will the behavior of their p's.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Sir Nathan XXI said:
nitrofish said:
believe me they act MUCH different
believe me, no they dont. You need to compare them to wild reds and mine acts basically the same as my wild natts. This is what my experience has been however, others my have a completely different experience.
We all have different experiences with out p's because of the different environments we provide them. So my experiences are based on the way my p's act, which will be different than what others experience.
We get into trouble when we try to tell others what to expect because our tank setup, lighting, feeding, ect... will not be the same and therefore neither will the behavior of their p's.
mmm, good point

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had ternetzi P's and RBP's and personally think ternetzi's are a better lookin specimen. They have a bigger jaw line and their golden colors make them that much nicer to look at. The ternetzi's I had were also much more aggressive than my reds. They were not skittish at all. I remember one night I woke up and decided to see how my ternetzi's were doing. I put my face as close to the glass without touching it when all of a sudden one of the ternetzi's came charging at the glass ramming into it several times. My reds never showed that kind of aggression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.