Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
tern has really dark mark going up left side gill, extending from center of under the chin. Kinda looks like the side of M. Gorbechauv (spelling) forehead. Don't know what this can be, never seen this before, it just showed up. Got a pic (bad one), and a link to a vid that is much better.

here is the link>

Same vid, just slowed down>

I have a better vid where I slowed it down so you can see it better. Just waiting for it to upload.

Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Wood Grass

Plant Vertebrate Leaf Terrestrial plant Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
vid link isnt working but it looks like an old wound that has healed. id take it out and isolate it to find out what it is . incase its a parasite or something or fungus. is is just me or does that fish have one pectoral fin?

good luck bro. i know you will see it well!

·
4,364 Posts
No, all my fish are in mint condition, then this dark area just appeared today. May be a fugus. Not an old wound though. And can't be parasites, because they all were just treated with levimsol for parasites.
And prazi for external. Looks to me like just a bruse or possible heater burn. It's under the skin. IDK, but you will see it better in the vid when it is able to link to.
is is just me or does that fish have one pectoral fin?
Vid link not working due to youtube being slow as hell.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have it on my tern as well, he is about six inches and it kindof looks like a semi faded humeral spot like a caribe just faded. Seems to be acting ok(Mine). Ive treated it with everything and it seems like a regular mark, Mine didnt have it when I got him either. I thought it was heater burn but it never went away. Dosent seem to affect them from my experience

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ya, just like I said it is fine. i dont know what it is but it seems to not affect them at all

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No guys. This thing is crazy. Skin went black. I gotta get the vid to show you.

·
4,364 Posts
okay, one of the vids loaded. It starts under his mouth in the center of his throat, and extends up his left gill plate. Not behind his gill like silly spy thought. I know what he means ther, they are a little dark like humeral spots, but this is on his gill plate, and pitch black, and goes down to mid throat, then just stops all the sudden. Ever seen a birth mark? Thats what it looks like. Pause the vid if poss. I will try and get a better pic and vid, but you should be able to see what I am talking about.

Plant Vertebrate Leaf Terrestrial plant Wood

Attachments

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, the slowed down vid shows it really well. What the hell is that?

Oh, and it went away after a few hours. Anyone ever seen this before?

·
Your Kung Fu is No Good Here...
4,021 Posts
Leasure I got your PM, but Ive never seen anything like that before. My terns have the darker spot behind the gill plate like others were describing, but not under the jaw like that.

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crazy huh!!! Then it just up and faded away

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump, due to the fact that noone finds this as intresting as I do.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
crazy huh!!! Then it just up and faded away
I cant find my old pic but I had an Acestrorhynchus microlepis get almost half black and then back to normal. Very weird, the fish lived a long life afterwards too. I couldn't figure out any reason for it to appear or disappear.

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks just like mine. He will be fine
I don't think we are on the same track. The spot on my tern is now gone.

·
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nope, not a bruise. Went away within a couple hours. Bruises useualy last longer than that. Still strange.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts