Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this guy did i post pics of earlier and people said it was a regular Red but i find it hard to belive, its not that im dissepointed but i find this guy more yellow than red....

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
That picture is pretty awful but, Nattereri.

Moved to what is my piranha?

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
A nattereri,,,,,,,, probably tank raised.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
SharkAquarium Posted on Jul 19 2003, 12:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A nattereri,,,,,,,, probably tank raised.
Agree

Vampor Posted on Jul 18 2003, 10:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this guy did i post pics of earlier and people said it was a regular Red but i find it hard to belive, its not that im dissepointed but i find this guy more yellow than red....
What state are you in? I ask because there is a fish aquarist that breeds yellow nattereri and that fish reminds me of it somewhat. It is not a clear yellow one as the one he has shown me in the past, but with people breeding P. nattereri its not unusual for the original color to migrate back out on some samples.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Vampor Posted on Jul 19 2003, 11:27 AM
hehe okej, sorry for the bad pic, ill try tpday with getting a better shot, and hastatus, i live in sweden far from U.S
Interesting because a fellow I used to correspond with from Sweden came to the U.S. (1995 or 96) to visit and collect some pirana species. I directed him to the gold belly breeder of P. nattereri. I don't know if he bought any or was able to take any back.

Please keep me updated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hastatus, it never comes other piranhas to sweden than rbp, but one day i saw this dude and 2 more looking very yellow and one other that was almost black, i bought them and the store owner couldnt tell what it was, i rook it home and the yellow color started to grow when i was feeding him and when the time went on the color got stronger and stronger. He said they had come with an import (didnt say from where) 2 days before i bought them, then i dont know so much more about them...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.