Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i quick help for my tern well i woke up around 11 am and i found my tern really hurt and damaged. His tail is all ripped up and most of his scails are all srcatched up and he seems weak and cant swim anymore. Then an hour later he stopped swimming and settled down at one corner then he fell over flat but was still breathing so i took a stick and pinned him against the glass so he can stand up strait and not swim around. NOw i realeased him and hes now swimming around but still looks weak i put food but he wont eat it i put melafix and im hoping its working plz help my tern its my favorite p i have

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
The behavior you're describing is a severe stress reaction, pinning him with a stick is one of the things you want to avoid as there's no serious physical damage to him but he could literally stress himself to death. Just leave him alone and take away what caused the stress in the first place (ie if another fish attacked him, seperate them)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o he was severely damaged by my other tern very badly but no missing body parts and before when i didnt put the stick he would just lay flat on the gravel and wat i did seemed to help him out because he didnt have to swim so he rested up and now is trying to swim again. Wa tkind of salt are we talking about table salt or sum kind of special salt? and thanks for all the comments they help alot and plz any more suggestions before i must go to sleep to have a better chance of him surving through the night plz let me no.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Seperate him and use either aquarium salt or table salt with no iodine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts