Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 100 gal tank with a 300 watt heater, I have it cranked wide open, which reads 88F, but it only actually heats my tank to about 77-79, i need it to be in the low 80's, if i were to get another heater would i have to put them both down to 80 on the dial or leave them both wide open?, and for any piranha experts- does the temperature of the water greatly affect piranha's appetite, and what would be the perfect temperature?, i was told 82 is absolutly perfect. is that true?

thanks

G

·
I go 80 as well. Although they do fluctuate a degree or so.

You need another heater and yes you would set it to the temp you want with another, not wide open. If I had a 300w heater I would probably buy another 200 or even 300w. I like a bit of overkill though.

· Registered
7,229 Posts
kyle_5rb said:
after 86, they dont show any more aggressivness?
[snapback]824500[/snapback]​
They're very hardy fish and can live in a wide range of temp. 86f is at the upper comfort range. Don't know if they lose any more agressiveness since I don't keep them at temp that high. I keep that at 78f winter and 84f summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.