·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Va. Teens Found Dead Declared Love in Notes

By Karin Brulliard and Rosalind S. Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, January 5, 2005; Page B01

Michaela Wegner, 15, was a cheery honors student who baked cookies for her classmates and thanked her teachers for their hard work. Harold Anthony Holt Jr. was a 19-year-old Dallas Cowboys fan who had dreams of a career in computer drafting.

They lived in spacious South Riding homes separated by two miles of wide suburban avenues and a verdant golf course. And they were in love.

So in love, the teenagers wrote in notes, that they had to be together, even though their parents disapproved of their relationship. They were found together Monday afternoon on Wegner's backyard deck with fatal gunshot wounds.

Yesterday, while Loudoun County law enforcement officials were trying to determine whether the deaths were a double suicide or a homicide and suicide, they revealed that the pair left notes, in different handwriting, indicating that they did not want to be separated.

"They were deeply in love with each other," Lt. Col. Randy Badura said. "That's essentially the message we're getting, as bizarre as that sounds."

Badura said that Wegner's parents were concerned that Holt was too old for their daughter. Holt's parents declined to comment yesterday; Wegner's parents did not return a phone call last night.

The two notes were found inside Wegner's home Monday afternoon by sheriff's investigators shortly after Holt and Wegner were found with gunshot wounds to the head. Nearby was a handgun that belonged to Holt's father, officials said.

The teenagers, who showed signs of life when they were found by one of Wegner's family members, died at area hospitals that night. Preliminary autopsies performed yesterday did not reveal who pulled the trigger.
Read More from Washington Post

I wonder if any of you youngins would do the same?

·
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobme said:
Killing the bitch i meen.

lol.
[snapback]829656[/snapback]​
With your colorful history with women, I wouldn't doubt it. You should leave a banana peel as your calling card to the investigators :nod:

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is so so sad. Why don't parents try to accept their childrens judgement and just be there to comfort if it all goes wrong, insted of banning a relationship and ending up with something like this on their hands.
Those two must of been very much in love to resort to this.

·
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tramca said:
That is so so sad. Why don't parents try to accept their childrens judgement and just be there to comfort if it all goes wrong, insted of banning a relationship and ending up with something like this on their hands.
Those two must of been very much in love to resort to this.

[snapback]829659[/snapback]​
I dont think teens in general know the difference between actual love and just infatuation. Teens pull the whole "I love you" crap and go for a good two months as a couple than the girl or the guy finds new prospects and does it all over again.

"SHE PEALED ME! SHE PEALED ME!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some teens mature faster than others. But, my point being, let kids make their decision whether parents like it or not. Kids will most likely rebell when they're told no all the time.....I did.
Then found love at 18 and we're still together after almost 15 years.
I ignored my mum's judgement and did what I want.....mum thinks he's great now.
Being unhappy about your daughters relationship is way better than being sad because she took her life, then theres the guilt you'd feel over why she did it.

·
This f*cking Guy!
9,420 Posts
bobme said:
Killing the bitch i meen.

lol.
[snapback]829656[/snapback]​

Thats the most StOOpidest thing ive read today, Id never shoot my self over a girl!
Especially at 15-18 years old. Life is just rolling man!

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Would I do it, no, because I wouldnt let my parents tell me who I could/couldn't date.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
Would I do it, no, because I wouldnt let my parents tell me who I could/couldn't date.
[snapback]829751[/snapback]​
bingo..

i would kill anyone who stood in the way... NOT my self or her.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
[snapback]829751[/snapback]​
as long as u dont want to date someone to old if i had a dughter and she wanted a guy 6+ yrs than her im sorry thats a no go

1 - 20 of 38 Posts