Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was Covid crazy and bored to death so thought I鈥檇 check in at the old stomping ground, lol.

Pretty deserted here. 馃

I guess a lot changes over the years, heck I practically lived on here in 2006-2007.

I am sadly tankless at this time. Had several health issues and they were just to much to manage. Honestly after losing my Geryi to a failed seal, that was it for me. Sold off the remaining tanks and fish and didn鈥檛 look back. Funny how you can become so attached to a single fish.

Still have the boxers though. They keep me busy!

Not sure who is going to see this but thought I鈥檇 say hey. I鈥檓 actually surprised the forum is still running. Who鈥檚 managing it anyways? And where did PKeepers go? Never joined it but can鈥檛 seem to find it now.

Looks like the hobby is dying which is a shame. I really enjoyed my fish and this forum and most of its members. Some great times were had :)

Keep well and safe everyone!
Maybe it鈥檚 time to set up a new tank :)

Registered
My thought exactly........ this hobby and any other pet related hobbies are booming........ don't know why there isn't much activity tho... but then I think in all the new social platforms and it might be because of that.

I'm sorry to here about your Geryi..... I read about more about it in other forum/channels xD and what a coincidence that I found it here too.

Wish you the best!

Registered
Forums have died since Facebook. But most of them aren't worth the time. Xenon ran a tight ship here back in the day. I spoke to him just before he sold it and knew it would never be the same

Holy shit! You鈥檙e still kicking around the forum. Hope you are well
I am doing alright all things considered, hope you are too! Never really left... Figured I would go down with the ghost ship, hope it stayed an archive, or OGs stopped in once and a while.

Was briefly active on Keepers to keep in touch, before being banned mysteriously.

Registered
I think forums will pick up, once newcomers learn they cannot search facebook like they can forum.s

That would fantastic. However, I don't see forums being as active as they once had been. I used to spend every night of my college life on this and a select other forum's with material left to be read.

Registered
Forums have died since Facebook. But most of them aren't worth the time. Xenon ran a tight ship here back in the day. I spoke to him just before he sold it and knew it would never be the same
Yeh, Facebook and other major social media. And yeah, many forums are not that necessary nowadays, I guess it depends on the focus of the forum, I read this article (Are Internet Forums Dead?) science tutor and it's got a good point saying that a forum should be maintained only if it's really needed. Back in the day many forums existed and were "needed" cuz big major social networks were not around, and now their presence set the bar high for the "needed" factor.

Anyways, happy easter everyone :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.