Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I got a dead feeder out of the tank and its stomach was so bloated, it looked like it was gonna burst. So I opened it and found what I assume is a tapeworm. I'm wondering how he got it because the feeders dont eat fish. Only thing I can think, is that it ate the worm after another fish pooped it out, back when the worm was much smaller.

Now I see why you guys dont feed your piranha feeder fish.

attempting to add a picture. 1st time for me so I hope it works.

my 5 rbps. and iguana. Dont worry about the small tank. I have a 55 gallon that they will be going into soon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
55 gallon wont be enough for 5 rbps
it will be for a while. I'm already looking into something bigger, but they will be fine in there while they are small. I personally think they do fine in 55 gallons, but I want them to get huge.
edit: I should clarify, that I only had 2 6inchers before so I dont really know about that, but from what I've read on this site, 5 rbps dont do fine in 55 gallons when full grown. So my bad.

anyway this isn't a gallon requirement thread, this is about a tapeworm.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
I will put this in the "Saved Topics". Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will put this in the "Saved Topics". Thanks for sharing.
No problem. I'm just glad I listened to some of your guys advice. If you insist on feeding Ps feeders, quarantine 1st because his sickness would have probably made him the 1st one to get ate and I would have 5 little rbps with tapeworms. So thank you guys for that!

after this, I will probably skip feeders all together. Its just not worth the risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts