Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm getting a 180gal and i was wondering if these fish would be ok tankmates
ornate bichir
saddled birchir
blackghost knife
pictus cat
fire eel
5x tinfoil barbs
cherax tenuimanus (1ft long blue lobster, don't know common name)
any advice appreciated

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice.
I knew it was a crayfish and not a lobster, but i couldn't remember the right name (i'm from GA, so it's crawdad to me)
The website i saw the crayfish at said it was too slow to bother fish, but would eat other inverts. i'm just worried about the bichirs eating the crayfish.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Yeah, I never was keen on cray fish types in the tank but that's me. But that aside,
sounds okay on paper, but what are there sizes? Or are you just saying in general. . .

Also, some other options are maybe a clown knife, some dats, perhaps a ray, big clown loach, african pike would be okay in there depending it's size and its tankmates' size, gachuas if you can get them, . . . it's a long list.

What kind of theme are you going for?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i decided to not get the crayfish. would i have enough room to add a ray. will be running two emp 400's and a magnum 350 w/ bio-wheels, is that enough filtration for a ray?
Also, what do you thank the easiest ray to keep is, i've read alot of articles, and theres a lot of debait about it.
thanks

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Well, I said perhaps but rethinking it I don't know. A standard 180 is 18" deep. Ultimately, it could get a bit cramped for ray. Many have them in a tank that size mind you. I like to give my fish ample room, so that tends to temper my reasonings. But at a small size, it could last in there for a long time at the least.

Your filtration seems to be fine. It will depend on how heavy you stock your tank of course. You there is a trick to turbo charge Emperor 400's right. It might be worth your time. . .

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i would personally put more filtration, some will say thats enough but i would add more

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ccoralli said:
it's a 180 wide 72x24x24
how do i turbo charge an emp 400
[snapback]878277[/snapback]​
what do you mean by turb charging a emperor?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SLANTED said:
Your filtration seems to be fine. It will depend on how heavy you stock your tank of course. You there is a trick to turbo charge Emperor 400's right. It might be worth your time. . .
[snapback]878069[/snapback]​
I don't know what he means either, but i'm interested

1 - 11 of 11 Posts