Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 juvenile red belly piranhas that a very well taken care of. Currently their is a green terror and a jack dempsey, of equal size, who hold their own while sharing the tank with the piranhas. Just recently i bought a texas cichlid to replace the Firemouth that vanished without a trace. the texas didnt get a warm welcome. it was quite aggressive with the piranhas. the next day I look and all of its jaw is sliced off . Will the texas be able to eat again or is he a gonner. any advice is welcome and no bashing . i wont be adding any more fish until they are put in to larger tank. Has anyone ever kept Red snakeheads with red belly piranhas?

· Registered
165 Posts
first off i personally would take out the cichlids put em in another tank......
and read through the forum here.... wow!!! is all i can say that is not bashing or mean...

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
jan said:
What could have happened with the firemouth?
Are you stupid

The link that Worldbelow have given says all.
[snapback]870411[/snapback]​
Hrrmmmm
He's only made one post, I am shocked he has not read every article on the site.

· Registered
192 Posts
sorry to tell you but the texas is a goner. your other fish will be gone as well. pygos can only be kept with other pygos. there have been instances where catfish, plecos, and other fish lived with pygos but most of the time the other fish will be food for the pygos.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was expecting responses like that from you "fishnerds" I was well aware of that and then some . Ive been keeping piranhas for years and i have fun just trying to put different fish that may only coexist for 2 days with my red bellies. I would go fishing for foot long bass just to feed my red bellies . (different fish)
Ian you moron i was being sarcastic , of course I know the Firemouth was eaten by my piranhas.
But he sure put up a hell of a fight defending his cave before they got him . and that is worth 6 bucks to me you dork.

· Registered
230 Posts
well if you know what is going to happen, then why even post the question? when new members post questions like that the members on this site get very snappy ive noticed because the questions are asked about a million times a week.

to answer your question: most likely even if you take the texas cichlid out, without a bottom jaw it will not be able to eat properly. i would suggest putting it out of its misery...or leave it for piranha food. your choice really since it is your tank.

also snakeheads and piranhas wont mix... if the snakehead is able to fit the piranha in its mouth the piranha is gone...otherwise the snakehead will eventually be gone.

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
redlover said:
I was expecting responses like that from you "fishnerds" I was well aware of that and then some . Ive been keeping piranhas for years and i have fun just trying to put different fish that may only coexist for 2 days with my red bellies. I would go fishing for foot long bass just to feed my red bellies . (different fish)
Ian you moron i was being sarcastic , of course I know the Firemouth was eaten by my piranhas.
But he sure put up a hell of a fight defending his cave before they got him . and that is worth 6 bucks to me you dork.
[snapback]870443[/snapback]​
Red, this site is not new member friendly...at all. It is full of "experts". Just ignore all the pompous responses until you settle in and welcome to the site.

· Registered
259 Posts
With all the news about piranhas being killers, why would people still think other fish can surive with them in the same tank? heres a example

your in a 5X6 foot jail cell with a serial killer, that has killed 28 people so far before getting caught.... how do you feel?

newbie questions are aways entertaining

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
redlover said:
I was expecting responses like that from you "fishnerds" I was well aware of that and then some .
[snapback]870443[/snapback]​
That's not a good way to introduce yourself or come looking for help. If you're well aware that you can't put anything with piranhas, then why are you wasting everybodies time asking something that you know has already been covered?

· Registered
10,778 Posts
so you knew you shouldnt put those fish together, but you did anyways. do you like when fish get hurt or something? also dont use the flipoff sign for agression, its meant as a playful symbol

twitcho motm lol :rasp:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.