Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Beforehand you have to get lucky with a pair. A 55 gal wouldn't be sufficient and is too cramped up for any of them to even want to mate. Best way is to have them in a bigger tank to pair off.. once they breed for the first time, they will surely do it again.. then thats when you should leave the pair in a 55 gal.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Judazzz said:
First: how can you see one of yours is a female: I don't want to argue, I'm just wondering :smile:

Wheter your fish will breed depends wheter the fish find the tank conditions suitable to breed. If they are right, you have a sexually mature pair, and they are used being together, your fish might breed as well.
It's just that you can never say on forehand wheter they'll do it or not: it's entirely up to them. All you can do is trying try some tricks to stimulate them to get it off, but there's no guarantee. See the link posted earlier in this thread: it contains a number of tips and useful info...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.