Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
I suggest saving your money and upgrading the tank as it grows, I would probably take 20-30 before it reaches its full potiental...

MAD
yep, a 5 inch rhom would be lost in a tank that big. If you have a tank that size i would sugest betting a 15" rhom.

·
Registered
829 Posts
not that i'm disagreeing with anyone, but really why would you put the fish in a smaller tank, then keep upping the size of the tank??? wouldnt it be best and cheaper to get a big tank first off and just keep him it that???

kind of off topic, but what do you find more interesting (those with experience) 1 rhom, or say a shoal of cariba/red bellies???

just curious

·
Registered
599 Posts
yea screw that i wouldnt by a 150 gallon for one fish that is pointless to me. i hear from people that those fish are all talk and that they are mean and everything but boring but i also hear people like them but i still wouldnt bother. but if u are gonna do somthing i would just go big one time then have to go through 3 tank 5 filters 3 heaters 3 hoods 200lbs of sand, 3 stands so on and so forth just do the math if u want find the cheaper way and thats obviously the best for ya gluck with the fish

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, it will look great and live better in a 70-80g.!

IMO, if you can have a 150-200g tank, a Pygo Tank will do best than just one Rhom...try Cariba, Piraya, Yellow Natt shoal or Mixed Pygo!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
True.. even half of its full growth, a fish like that alone in one tank does get boring at times. I'd go mixed Pygo!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.