Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Geryi piranha (by himself) in a temporary 40 gallon tank. 3 feet long. I'm looking at getting him a new show tank for this awesome fish. I was thinking either a 75 gallon or 100 gallon long. What are some good size dimensions.

I was thinking length 4-6 feet (4ft is 75 gallon, 6ft would be 100 gallon long)
height 13 inches to 20 inches
width 18 inches to 24 inches.

What size tank would you get to try to give this guy ample amounts of swimming room to try to grow him out a few more inches? Also looking at acrylic tanks, anyone know of anywhere to get a good price on acrylic tanks around ohio???

· Registered
1,900 Posts
i agree the bigger the better. the 125g around here r kinda cheap. i believe they r 72x18x22. he would probably love the bigger tank and be much more active. i am not sure how large geryi's get but with a larger tank i think he would grow faster.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
100 gal would be better, but a 75 would be sufficient. Honestly, a 9"er would have more than enough room for both size tanks. Hell, I had an Xingu in a 30 gal before and thought he still had too much room.

Here's an old pic...

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd love to get this guy other Geryi in the tank, but I think a 100 gallon might be too small. Plus the price tag for each fish and how rare and hard to find they are would be a challenge in itself.

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
b_ack51 said:
I'd love to get this guy other Geryi in the tank, but I think a 100 gallon might be too small. Plus the price tag for each fish and how rare and hard to find they are would be a challenge in itself.
[snapback]874765[/snapback]​
2 geryi arent gonna work together , Have to go with 3 or more

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know Mr Harley, I meant Geryi's (I was thinking Geryi was both singular and plural). I'd be looking for 2 more, which would make 3 total which I think a 100 gallon long still might be pushing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.