Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im finally getting around to ordering my lights for my 180gallon, right now its got crap lights just to get by. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if they think this would be good, the tank is lightly planted with 10 RBP in it. LIGHTS
I was planning to buy a pair and wanted some input before i went throught with it thanks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
s/w stands for saltwater....you dont want that fixture over your freshwater planted tank

look to the f/w aqualight fixtures with the right bulbs

...they're in a green box and usually have a combination of 10,000 and 6700 bulbs...or if its a single bulb fixture it will just be a 6700 k bulb

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
s/w stands for saltwater....you dont want that fixture over your freshwater planted tank

look to the f/w aqualight fixtures with the right bulbs

...they're in a green box and usually have a combination of 10,000 and 6700 bulbs...or if its a single bulb fixture it will just be a 6700 k bulb

Also, that is hardly any light for a 180... really you need to have at least 1wpg to really be helping the plants out, 1.5wpg or so would be ideal for a lower light tank.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Yes 4 x 65 W Compact Fluorescents is fine. That will be, however, 1,44 watts per gallon and it just might happen that you will very soon experience increased algae growth. That is because you will always have surplus nitrates and phosphates in a Pygocentrus tank.

So when you are fed up with great water changes and still algae growth, go and get yourself a pressurized CO2 system. It will be of great help under your new lighting.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts