Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 125 with all my p's in it and it has a hair crack about 8" long its not leeking yet what shuld i do?

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
if its acrylic you can patch it, but glass will be a problem. the only cure is to replace the entire pane of glass or replace the tank.

where is the crack?

I would suggest you do something before it gets worst and shatters all over the floor

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ITS GLASS AND ITS IN THE MIDDLE i's puting a pic i kinda drew what the crack looks like in red with mspaint.

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
are you sure its a crack? and not a deep scratch??? it wont look very nice, BUT if it is a crack and it is glass, i think you can get apane of glass silicone it on to the crack, then silicone round the edges making a air tight seal, and then it should be ok

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
if its glass you will need to replace the pane or tank as nitro advised but you do need to act soon as the water pressure will make it worse and you could loose your fish
dixon

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've seen a couple tanks at a petstore once that have silicone on the crack, it doesn't look that great but I would do it so you don't come home one day with water everywhere. 125 gallons is a lot of water especially when its all over the floor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if its not deep, you can put silicone. if its deep and long. you should get a new tank or replace the whole sheet of glass.

looking at that crack. i would replace the whole sheet of glass. or get a new aquarium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts