Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,319 Posts
get 1/8" thick plexi, drill tons o holes... and viola! not even my oscar can battering ram through for feeders... the pestmart/ LFS ones deteriorate after a while so....

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
If you are going more permanent, get a peice of plexi glass or lexan (same thing just brand names).

The things on the sides above look like the things that come with the ones from an LFS.

If this is going to be permanent, I would recommend siliconing it in place as well just for some extra strength, if you ever take it out, you can scrape the silicone back off again with a razor blade or paint scraper.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
plexiglass- good if you're going to have to look at it for a while.
eggcrate- good, fast, cheap, can use the rest of the eggcrate for other stuff

silicone if semi permanent, suction cups placed on both side of divider is temporary, also can reinforce with rocks and other decor against the divider as needed

·
5,319 Posts
If you are going more permanent, get a peice of plexi glass or lexan (same thing just brand names).

The things on the sides above look like the things that come with the ones from an LFS.

If this is going to be permanent, I would recommend siliconing it in place as well just for some extra strength, if you ever take it out, you can scrape the silicone back off again with a razor blade or paint scraper.
exactly, petsmart to be precise, i used them to fit flush with the glass, and cut the plexi a 1/4" shy so i can adjust it slightly, and for a more finished look... you can sand them with rough sandpaper to make them opaque and keep fish from seeing eachother... my rhoms stared eachother down 24-7 so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.