Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am thinking about starting anew here. I have a 55g tank. Wet/dry filter, two penguin 330's heaters and gravel. In order to get my new tank up and running, what should I do? Should I run all my filters? I would like to just run the wet/dry, what fish should I start the cycle with? How long should I wait before putting in p's? Should I get biospria? How many fish should I start with? When should I test water? Should I do water changes during cycle? Please help, I am a noob and do not know what I am doing. I need details instructions how you veterans got your tanks running so well. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Start by using the filters and throw some feeders and in about 2-3week you should be able to have fish in there.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Check the tutorials section for "How to Cycle a Tank" and search the forums for this topic. This has been addressed many times.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What I have done in previous situations to help speed up the cycling process was to get some filter media and water already existing from a complete aquarium and also to chuck in a small school of fish... lets say NEON TETRAS as i used. Once my fish were introduced to teh tank they accompanied no problems and the school of neons became cichlid dinner :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts