Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I need some help and you guys always give me good advice so here goes. I have a 20g tall tank with a penguin 330 on it. It has a 5 inch rhom in there. This tank has been cycled and all. I have a 55g with a wet/dry rated for a 75g. I have 5 4inch rbp in there. This tank has also been cycled fine. I have a spare penguin 330 in my closet. I just bought a 75g tank that I want to put the reds into. Then I want to put the rhom into the 55g. Ok now for the hard part. I just put the spare penguin 330 onto the 55g to build up some bio stuff on the wheels. I was thinking about putting half the water from the 55 in to the 75, putting the wetdry from the 55 onto the 75, and dumping my reds in there. Then I will put the water from the 20 into the 55g. Then I will put the other 330 that was on the 20 onto the 55g. Now, seeing that I have all the bio crap, won't this be ok? I really don't want to have to cycle the tank for another month, if I do, I will only be able to put one penguin 330 (the spare) onto the 75. If this is not alright, will some one tell me why not? Thank you all who reply!

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Throw the wet dry on and add bio spira. It workes fast . And you have no worries to move all your filters back around. I swear by this stuff.
It's kept in the refridgerator at lfs that carrie it. I tell ya iv'e used it three times. And it really works in 24 hrs

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, I think I will try that. I wonder if I could get away without using it though since I already have all the bacteria built up? Here is a pic of my new tank. My old 55g is on the left and my 18g sw tank is on the right. My 20g with the rhom is behind me, that will be my hospital tank now.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe i will try that but i don't see what that will do for me that my filters won't do already. Thanks for the input.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Yeah your filters will do the job. But at a slower pace. by adding that stuff gives you a head start on the gravel and stuff. But you can add establised gravel in also. Congrats on the cool tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts