Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I voted yes.
I'm not offended when people use the f-word or anything, but swearing has nothing to do with the intentions of this board. And it doesn't look very professional, keeping in mind your ambitions with this site ("the leading website on piranha's").

And you know all people have a hard time controlling themselves when flamed...

G

·
If you wish to look professional and not alienate people that are offended by that type of language, you have no real choice. The use of colorful language does not improve the quality of information in a post and is therefore not necessary; in fact, it may lead people to discredit the information and look elsewhere.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
I am not really concerned one way or the other. I have only seen a few posts where it has been taken to the extreme, early in the boards existence, and I hope the novelty has worn off for those few. you make the call.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I voted no,
This is because if I think that if anyone does go over the top the mods/admin can pm them and take action, or add a swear filter onto their accounts!
but I don't feel it is necessary to ban all swear words!
they are a good way of expressing yourself - if used correctly.
I do agree that people can be offended by them, but really, the videos will offend far more people.
And anyways I have noticed that you can easily by-pass the swear filters by saying less common things, or lines where each word on its own is perfectly safe, but the sentence means something worse.
my example: horse loving prick gobbler!
and since you cant ban all bad words, wouldn't it be a bit pointless?

Viewer discretion is advised!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
On one hand its only a word, on the other hand it does make a site look less creditable with a bunch of cussing.

I think some should be ok and others shouldnt.

Like [email protected], that isnt that bad,
but the F word, the A word the S word shouldnt be allowed

·
Registered
698 Posts
"but the F word, the A word the S word shouldnt be allowed "

In the immortal words of George Carlin, "you can prick your finger, but don't play with your prick!

I'm staying out of this one, you know 1st amendment and all of that. But if we want to professional, then I can go along with the wave.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I voted yes, but I don't think ALL words should be used for the swear filter. Here's the one's I think should be filtered (of course with proper spelling):

fock
biatch (this isn't a dog forum, so the word isn't needed)
schit
kunt
aswhole

Mindy

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
i vote no.why?were all adults here. this is a graphic site period,thats what the banner says?with videos of mice and fish and what nots getting rip to shreds.i feel that more offensive then just word.and on the places you see cussing it's in the louge area...isn't that the point of "the lounge"to b.s around with the memebers.to shootthe breeze.i say keep it the way it is"if it broke don't fixs it" :nod:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I voted yes due to people that said "yea, I cuss a lot"

People that cuss a lot have a weak vocabulary. Many things can be emphasized by profanity, but it gets old after a while.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
i voted yes if the board is to grow any we have to have a filter for the younger generations

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Ba20 said:
i voted yes if the board is to grow any we have to have a filter for the younger generations
oh man, do you really think we would be protecting the younger generation if there was a swear filter? :laugh:
I highly doubt it. I got scolded at a board for saying I was as happy as when I "bent over the head cheerleader" because it was a "family Board" and meanwhile they have "mods" that are flipping the finger in their avatars. I really dont care but spare me the "save the children stuff" there is much worse on the Internet than an occasional swear word. And I also think it has been proven on this board more than once that it is the "younger generation" that abuses the language the most.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I voted yes, but I talk sh*t all the time. Its just that I think it gives people more power to elaborate there points,or talk trash to others. Its pretty hard to do with fck or sht, most just cannt control themselves. If there is no filter monitors should just control arguements or scraps with less leanencey. I have a fucken rad fish, no prob with that! Robert

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.